Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Debian on a Mac G3

• Please log in to reply

HawkFan711

HawkFan711

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a all-in-one beige mac G3 that I am looking to put debian on. Upon starting up the G3, I get the gray screen with floppy and blinking question mark inside the floppy. I know that i have to put debian on a floppy to get this to work, however I have no clue as to what to put on the floppies to start the installation of debian on my G3. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
First off I'm not a debian expert by any means. second are you sure your g3 is supported by the version of debian that you have? I know there is a debian for powerpc but not sure if your particular one is supported. Third, with all the linux I've used there is an option to create a boot disk using rawrite sometimes in the install menu and sometimes you have to browse around the disk to find it.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that but again I'm no debian expert ( or linux expert either for that matter ) but at least this might stear you in the right direction. good luck