Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to view camcorder movies on my pc?

• Please log in to reply

bmwmikect

bmwmikect

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the past help. I need help viewing my camcorder movies thru my HP Media Center PC M7250N. I have hooked my Sony Handcam CCD-TRV68 (not digital) to my PC using an S-video cable and the audio cable but can't for the life of me figure out how to watch the movies on my pc. I have also set it to line out on my camcorder display menu. What program should I use? Please help!! thanks, Mike

Advertisements

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Sadly Mike, the s video is an output to tv not a capture you would need a capture card or usb interface to view handy cam on PC.
You could also get a HD TV card with capture facility.

bmwmikect

bmwmikect

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thankyou HR! When you say interface, what do you mean? What are my alternatives? thank you again

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
An interface is a device thet provides the connections to allow your video cam to be recognised by your PC.
You can purchase a usb capture device USB Capture
or
A video capture card Review
You will also need a decent Video Edting Program eg:Ulead Videostudio,Pinnacle Studio etc

bmwmikect

bmwmikect

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
thank you so much again! i will look into those!