Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardrive help?

• Please log in to reply

Tstankmchoody

Tstankmchoody

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a 38 gigabyte hardrive. (Yehh, i know alot right?) Anyway, my hardrive is telling me that it's using 30 gig's, and I can't understand that, ive checked all the folders in my c drive and added them up. (You know like the program folder and the windows folder and all that jazz) And when they are added up it's only like 12 gigs.... can anyone offer any help?

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
its all the hidden system folders and drivers installed onto the HDD which you cant edit delete or play around with...... also the HDD could have been dropped or something...........ive got a 80GB HDD and it says the its only 74GB........thats due to that they cant always get it exactly X?GB and all the hidden system folder built into the HDD.

Edited by daniel_c, 29 June 2006 - 05:11 PM.

Tstankmchoody

Tstankmchoody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It can't all be hidden files, i have a 37 gb hdd, 18 gb's of that can't be hidden files can it?, plus when you right click the folder and click properties itll still tell you that space. You prolly have an 80 gb manufacture hdd, and you also probably have window, Windows reads a gb with more bytes than the manufacturer's do, so you really do have 80 gb's in the eyes of the manufacturer... but anyway, does anyone have help for me?