Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reply to Kc from babygeek

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

babygeek

babygeek

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Original message in shared thread... (oops sorry, I thought reply added a new thread)
Hi babygeek

Please don't post into other members topic start your own.

We can definitely help you, but first you need to help us. The first step in this process is to apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection, and we're both just wasting our time.
Click here: http://www.microsoft...p1/default.mspx
Apply the update, reboot, and post a fresh Hijack This log.

Kc
~~~~~~~~
Okay Kc, here's the problem with my windows xp. it wont download the service packs. not even service pack 1a. I close out all programs and windows. Update processes, inspects, starts to configure updates, then about 9% of the way into, it bonks out on me saying "The product key used to install Microsoft Windows may not be valid. From the looks of the website WWW.HOWTOTELL.COM I'm not using a valid program. So its all a waste of time to try to update.

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
The Terms of Use of this site prohibit us from helping anyone that has illegal software

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

If you obtain a legitimate copy of Windows we will gladly continue assistance. :tazz:

Here's a good way to install a legitimate copy without losing any data:
http://www.geekstogo...ws_XP-t138.html

Michelle

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Thank You bananafanafo

This Thread is now closed