Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Local Area Connection Says I Have Limited Or No Connectivity

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
When I start up my pc I can see a little icon that looks like a couple of monitors in my system tray. & when I roll the mouse over it the icon says "Local Area Connection>>>Limited Or No Connectivity".

Now keep in mind I just got my internet for the first time. I never even had this icon appear in my system tray, until I got my internet and found out that I had to enable the network interface on my motherboard through the bios. That is when I started seeing this icon. Although before I actually hooked up the ethernet cable the icon had an "X", saying that a cable was unplugged. I obviously know what that means. Though when I hooked up the ethernet cable and plugged it in the back, the icon started saying "Local Area Connection>>>Limited Or No Connectivity".

I can use the internet using the shorcut I have on my desktop for the broadband network connection I made manually with the help of my internet company customer service rep over the phone. Although now when I do and at all times I see two of those monitor icons in my sys tray. One has an exclamation mark that says "Local Area Connection>>>Limited Or No Connectivity", and the other is the network internet connection I have working fine.

The rep from my internet company said he could'nt help me anymore because he said this is an o/s issue. How do I correct this problem and take this away from my sys tray? He claimed that this is a common issue. I dunno I just want it away and gone. If you need to know what is listed in my network connections, or there properties let me know. The rep over the phone told me microsoft has some sort of thing that fixes it. I dunno please help!

Thank You

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Double-click the system-tray icon that you want to get rid of and see if there's an option to 'show system tray icon' enabled. If so, disable the option by clicking in the check-box to remove the tick.

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Thx I fixed The problem