Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Freeze on start up

• Please log in to reply

elliott_o6

elliott_o6

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Just recently my computer has started to freeze when i have been starting it up, I'm using XP Professional and have a tiny PC, When the windows is starting and the wee bar is running accross just as i turn on my computer it freezes, then i have to knock it off at the plag and back on again hoping it will work second time around, It usually takes 4 or 5 times before it eventually loads up. Ive never had this problem before and I'm just wondering if i'm actually doing my computer any harm. I have already restored my computer to an earlier date but it is still not loading properly. I'm thinking i need to virus-scan my computer maby it is infected, Does anyone know where i can download a good FREE virus scanner?

I would love to hear from anyone that has any idea what i'm going through and any help would be very appreciated.

elliott.

Edited by elliott_o6, 11 July 2006 - 06:52 AM.

Advertisements

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Try a checkdisk as well

elliott_o6

elliott_o6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
A check disc ?

I think i need a virus scanner but i'm looking for a free one :whistling:

Edited by elliott_o6, 11 July 2006 - 07:07 AM.

Sha2

Sha2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi elliott

Go to the Malware section the instructions there should be able to help you. You can get there from the top of this screen where it says "do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan)infection?" Please Start Here.

Good luck