Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Startup Process Aborted.

• Please log in to reply

RandyOhio

RandyOhio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I found information on the drivers that did not load in my bootlog. After a little poking around on the internet and digging deep into the registry this is what I found. I found these entries in under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

I have also come across many entries in other online forums indicating that these drivers don't load on other peoples systems. Maybe you could check your own system out to see if we have a match? Just in case? (humor me) I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 all updates are current.

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS = Legacy PNP_TDI (An older version of plug n play? Needs more research)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\lbrtfdc.SYS = Driver for Toshiba liberty floppy drive The floppy drive is working(The driver has been changed since because of compatability issues with windows xp SP2? Needs more research))

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Sfloppy.SYS = Depends on the SCSI miniport (possibly a driver for the floppy drive controller? (see last entry))

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\i2omgmt.SYS = Related to the SCSI miniport (suspect it has to do with the floppy drive needs more research)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Changer.SYS = Some sort of filter (needs further research)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Cdaudio.SYS = Another filter Cd audio was muted due to noise However the CD audio is working (most likely part of the The CD player? Needs more research)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys = (Keyboard Human Interface Device) Has to do with The Keyboard port(obviously this is working properly or I wouldn't be typing this. I am even able to use the extra buttons on this device.

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\p3.sys = Intel Pentium III processor Driver. This is obviously working too. (will research more anyway)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys = Intel processor driver. Working. (again will research more anyway.)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\PCIDump.SYS = PCI System. Seems to be working (will research more)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys = Has to do with the network. Probably working too. (Enum shows that it is a legacy driver, probably for backward compatability. will research more)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys = Another Legacy network driver as above.

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys = IP Network Address Translator. Depends on the tcpip service. (Enum shows legacy driver again. will do further research)

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys = Windows firewall (disabled because a 3rd party firewall is installed and running "McAfee Personal Firewall". This was included in my McAfee ISS Subscription)

Knowing this much I personally don't think these driver errors have anything to do with my problem. This problem is so hard to research because the word "Aborted." is very common in these types of posts. :blink:

I also ran my PC Repair wizard in "System Mechanic 6". It is running as we speak and fixing a few things. When it is finished I will restart with boot logging enabled again and see if there are any changes.

Oh, one more thing. I also used System Start up Mangager (again in SM6) and turned on all the things I had turned off. Basically I reset everything to the default setting. We shall see what happens. :whistling:

Advertisements

RandyOhio

RandyOhio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Okay, after all that, still no changes in the boot log or with my annoyance.

However SM6 did help my system boot up a little faster. :whistling:

RandyOhio

RandyOhio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Still not fixed, keeping thread alive.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I'm sorry I was unable to assist in your problem. After baring the brunt of your abrasive attitude and insults in this topic and others, I will offer no more assistance.

I sincerely hope you get the help you seek.

RandyOhio

RandyOhio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well, some people just can't handle criticism. jeeze. Will look elsewhere for help. go ahead delete my account and ban me. After reading the post about your techs and who they are. I'm not sure I care to remain a part of your forums anyway. Definitely will not refer anyone to this tech forum.