Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another Blue screen topic

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I think you'll like it. It's a manual scanner, but has real time protection and autoupdating. It will find things Norton overlooks and is much easier on system resources. :blink:

I'll bet we can get it running good again, there's just a lot to look at when we go to make it quicker... :whistling:

Advertisements

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Ok, you said your going right? Ill check back at this page tomorrow, bye and thanks so much for the help

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
-oops double post-

Edited by Chris_UK, 14 July 2006 - 12:33 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...

Download, install, and run WinAudit on the machine. Generate a report in Formatted Text format. Scroll down to "Startup Programs" (near the bottom) and Copy/Paste the entire box here for me.

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I dont beleive it.. I installed Avast!, scanned, everythign was fine, deleted most of my documents, all the crap located in my desktop. Runs great for about 5 minutes, then it slows down worse than ever, then i get a DIFFERENT blue screen error, which restarted the machine. Now its just so slow, if i right click, it takes about 3 - 5 minutes for it to respond. Ill try download that program you mentioned.

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Now my laptop doesnt even turn on, it will get to the part where it starts to load windows, and another blue screen comes and goes real fast, then it reboots and does it again. Safe mode doesnt run either, i get the same message with that. But occasionally it works, and i get a message (just as windows finishs loading):

STOP 0x0000007A (0xE18479EC, 0xC000000E, 0xBF849924, 0x03044860)

Then it restarts and does it again. Another issue that has come up is after i turn on the power, it will immediatly shut down. Also, it randomly shuts down at anytime during boot up.

I looked on google, and it mentioned something about booting up form the windows XP cd, so i did what many websites reccomended (put the boot order to CD first, then it will load the xp cd and you can fix it from there), and nothign happened, it continued to trty boot from the HD. I am really stuck with what to do next, i have tried everything. :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...I'm leaning back towards hardware...memory in particular. Do you have a floppy drive?

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
No, i dont have a floppy drive

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Darn...I wish all machines still came with floppy drives... :whistling:

When you try to boot to Safe Mode, have you tried the option for "Last known good configuration"?

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have tried every option there, it just goes idle for about 15 minutes, then shuts down.

Advertisements

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Just tried to load safe mode again, took a while to load. But just as it loaded another blue screen came up saying *** STOP: 0x000000F4

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
This is still pointing to hardware. When the machine begins to boot, does it "beep"? Does it beep more than once?

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I dont hear any beep untill the Windows XP loading screen, then it shuts down

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Just a single beep though, correct?

Chris_UK

Chris_UK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
No beep at all. Also after about 10 minutes of the machine being on it gets quite hot, and after a while it gets VERY hot