Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drop in FPS

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Ive experienced a loss of fps on CS:S I started off with roughly 80-100 now i get 30-70 what can be causing this? Ive got Omega drivers which i installed to day with no luck i used driver cleaner before i installed them and ive defragged, registry cleaned, Casey's CVAR Tweak and still nothing. Its really anoyying cause i thought this card was alright which it was at first but now its just turning out to be crap. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Kurt

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
So is there a problem with 30-70 that seems pretty normal to me for that game.

X1800GTO is a budget card, its the replacement to the x800GTO they arent top end are mid end solutions.

Edited by warriorscot, 27 July 2006 - 04:55 PM.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Yeah i know I had to get a new GFX card though because my other one blew up opps... could this be a motherboard issue cause I cannot O'C my CPU in BIOS it sets but i reboot and its at the same speed? I could flash it to a X1800XL but i dont want to risk it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Why? there is nothing wrong with ti your getting normal performance.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
The thing is that in ATITool it says only 8 pipelines are running and memory bus width is 64bit is this an error?

*Edit* ATITool 0.24 doesnt support my graphics card updated to 0.25 beta and its working now. everythings fine

Edited by rumble291, 27 July 2006 - 05:18 PM.