Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless device

• Please log in to reply

richy779

richy779

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey u guys, guess i cant really put this ne where but.. im looking for like a device which can go browse the net and listen to music go on msn which has a wifi connection.. if u guys have ne idea or seen any product like this let me noe.. and hey i dnt want like a palm or a small pc..if u guys have herd of the new SONY MYLO then a simmilar product like that .. cant afford the mylo ( MY LIFE ONLINE >> :whistling: appreciate ur help thanks alot!!!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
There are a number of new cell phones that meet those requirements, but as you've discovered, none of them are cheap. Wait 3-4 years and they will be. :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No palm or small PC basically rules out everything because they all really fall into those categories, the cellphones like admin mentioned are pretty good but essentially a similar concept to a mylo and prices are just the same really none of them are cheap plenty choice in the market though. After that it just leaves the true palms and UMPCs and those are also expensive(palms are kinda affordable now basicaly do what a mylo does its just not locked into doing just those tasks) the new sony mylo isnt anything new its just a sony take on it is a small PC in itself.

richy779

richy779

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
but the mylo can make skype calls which are for free for now but I dnt need a cellphone which is that big mabye jst a flip one and is there like a handheld device that is ment for teens looks coool like the mylo?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not really, most of the palmtops these days can use skype because its just another application, you get skype phones if thats what you are after they arent that expensive but you need an open wifi access point to use them and they arent secure.

All the others are themselves the cell phone PDAs some look cool but they are expensive and the Mylos are expensive as well as they are priced along with its closest competition.