Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Terrorists my butt....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
"Fear is the currency of war, their can be no war without fear but that fear should not become an excuse for our actions then".

Ok, I don't know where our not talking about politic, nor religion went but I think that the West should set a democratic example, period, thus all this "because they are teroists we can put them in camps without rights, torture them, come up with kagaroo courts, etc., etc., etc.," must stop. I understand that this puts my family and myself at risk but I would rather have the moral ground and the risk, than sink to their level as we are doing by giving them the obvious retort that "the West is no better for see what it does to their own people.

The West I believe didn't fight a world war against fasium, and then a cold war against comunium only to lose these well fought for rights to national security(big brother), I want us to return to individual security(the American way) as in "We the people..." but this isn't just America that I addressing here, any country that locks people up, tortures them and circomvents the Geneva convension with excuses and waffle loses their democratic stamp with me.

[This post is my own view, I accept with grace that this post might now be removed because of the rules here. Sorry about the spelling which I never care about. And there is nothing personal in my replying here.]

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The biggest problem is these terrorists only get as many people willing to sacrifice themselves because they are given plenty ammunition. And to be honest the last thing i would want is "the american way" because its not what you think it is and never was its a myth. And as far as i know the two worst western offenders against the geneva convention and all the other conventions of war are the US and Isreal both are technically in the bad books of pretty much every nation of the planet for various reasons but the US being the super power it is is beyond reproach from the other nations of the world and is slowly robbing its own people of its powers, the cold war never seemed to end there its just gone on in another guise.

With facism many people on both sides agreed with Hitler he was a popular man before the war started and if it wasnt for a few crazy ideas(probably came from the dose of crazy when we gassed him in WWI) he would have made an excellent leader indeed many of the policies he pioneered in his day are common place now, we fought against domination nothing else it wasnt till later on the oppresion by groups of people became clear to many concentration camps were quite a surprise and it was used as propaganda ever since.

If the terrorists of the world dont get given the ammunition to use against us there wouldnt be as many of them if western nations practiced the ideals they preached the world would be a safer place but they dont and itll be a long time before they do, terrorism is a western invention it was the tools of war in the cold war days all the terrorists are home grown trained and funded during the coldwar by the US and USSR lebanon was the main training ground for communist terrorists all over the world much of the IRA was trained there by the KGB and afghanistan was used by the US to develop terrorist assets, the UK trained terrorists in the far east, we created it to do our dirty work and now they recognise the corruption and hypocrisy and now that the enemies they were trained to attack no longer exist they are turning on the masters in an attempt to bring about the world they were taught to fight for.

And cowardists makes no sense at all you can call the cowards but they are only fighting the way we taught them to and to be honest we fight the same way as well and have done so for a long time since WWII we learned to hide it better we dont openly bomb civilians but we still do we just say sorry now.

The worlds a different place from the propaganda lets you beleive and it hasnt changed alot in a long time.

PS 1066 was the invasion of the normans(english french mix) of England youre right it was king william(he had a claim to the throne i think so it was technically a civil war going by that but the romans left hundreds of years earlier it was fought against the anglo saxons as far as i know. Dont know for sure not that interested it being english history.

Also dont you think its interesting that your media allready has "speculative" numbers when ours hasnt been give any info on the people arrested.

Edited by warriorscot, 10 August 2006 - 11:00 AM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I belive that this thread has run its course.

It is the policy of the serious discussion forum not to allow any threads dealing with religion, politics, etc because of their sensitive nature.

Terrorism may likely be added to that list because of its volitile and sensitive nature. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone feels strongly about it. Because of this, I have decided to close this thread.

ScHwErV :whistling: