Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker Icon Is Away

• Please log in to reply

?????

?????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i went on to that site downloaded the driver needed , at the bottom beside the click its not got the speaker but its installed xear 3D .. so what do i do next to get the icon back ?

Advertisements

?????

?????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
can anyone help me from here? i am stuck what to do next and i havent had a post in ages about it

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well you certainly have a challenging problem is there any way you borrow a xp cd from someone

you tried everything else its probably your only option left

?????

?????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
ive tried i just cant get hold off one .. a think wanabe1 new what to do but not had any responses so i dont know what ive to do next because i went to site and downloed it and now i have an icon sayin xear 3d on my toolbar beside the little clock

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well hang on then update your post periodacly wannabe1 will return to follow up on you

?????

?????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
okay thanks do u mean just keep adding to the post or not ? im not quite sure wht u mean ... it has been about 5 days since i last ha a reply so i dont know whats happend lol

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
at times the moderator are busy with other computer issues they tend to over look others you can remind them by sending a message to them or put your post here and who knows someone who has a similar problem can help you so by updating your post you have a better chance of being noticed

Edited by rushin1nd, 24 August 2006 - 11:58 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry for the delay...I'm researching some possible registry settings for this. I haven't forgotten you... :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Open "My Computer" and double click "Local Disk C:", then "Windows", then "System 32".

Locate the file sndvol32.exe and right click on it...choose "Rename". Name this file sndvol32old and click outside the name box to set the name. Click "Yes" or "Ok" to any prompts regarding this change.

Now...click Start, then Run, type prefetch and click "Ok". In the window that opens, click on "Edit" on the toolbar and choose "Select All". All the files should now be selected...right click on any file and choose "Delete". This will empty the Prefetch folder. Close all open windows.

Download the attached file and save it to your desktop. Right click on the downloaded file and choose "Extract All". In the wizard that opens, click "Next" then type C:Windows\System32 in the "Files will be extracted to this directory" field and click "Next". This should extract the file to that directory.

Close all open windows and reboot.

Attached Files

?????

?????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
ive done that no change so fa if theres ment to be to that i can see anyways

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Try this REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and may be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can. Note: This option is not always available on OEM Recovery Cd's

Once this repair has completed, you will have to download all Windows Updates again.