Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible drive issues causing blue screen crashing

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
*** win32k.sys - adress BF805BC6 AT BF800000, DATESTAMP 43446a58

is there a stop error with that

Advertisements

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
It is listed above. It rarely changes but when it does its only by a single adress

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well update NVIDIA driver

http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_81.98.html

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Just warning you that the download times is over ten minutes and im unsure if the system will hold out before the blue screen attacks. It tends to most during large file downloads (curse it to [bleep])

Not to sound cocky or anything but where did you get this idea? I'm very open to ideas and am cxurrently trying yours.... im just curious

Edited by Zelkin, 27 September 2006 - 10:45 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
BF800000, DATESTAMP 43446a58when seached that then i came accross

this............ http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_81.98.html

so i thought why not update NVIDIA drivers

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
theres always the possibilty you can download drivers to another computer and install them to one thats has the blues screens

just burn them on cd and install

Edited by rushin1nd, 27 September 2006 - 11:04 PM.

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
It says that setup could not locate any drivers that are compatable with my hardware

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Ok Zelkin
Lets try this
Start>control panel> sound and audio devices. Double click>Hardware tab>properties change down the bottom from enable this device to disable.
click apply click ok I know you won't have sound but lets see if this is the cause. Also whilst in control panel.Administrative tools double click . Event viewer> double click click on system any yellow or red warnings if yes look for any that point to sound or video.
Cheers
Peterm

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
This may sound stupid but disable what? in the hardware tab i have these options:
TEAC CD-224E

ESS Maestro 3 PCI Audio (WDM) (im assuming this)

Audio codecs

Legacy audio drivers

media control devices

legacy video capture devices

video codecs

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
yes
The fact that your computer runs ok in safe mode then we need to eliminate which device it is

Edited by peterm, 28 September 2006 - 02:24 AM.

Advertisements

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
And about the event viewer....... uhhh.... how to say......

just today I have............ 13 warnings...... usually in pairs.... and always with the source being a remote access..... this is around the time it crashes.

Also as for errors..... also usually coming in pairs I have a cluster today around a crashtime..... seven to be exact.......... in the same second..........
Usually saying something along these lines with the only variance being the in service that timed out.

Event Id: 7011

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

-or-

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the Schedule service.

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I've disabled the devise so it won't use it on any hardware profile....... and it took awhile for my change to go into affect.

Should this prevent my comp from crashing, if this theory is correct, and if so should i find a whole new driover all together

Edited by Zelkin, 28 September 2006 - 02:27 AM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
If it performs ok then we will look at
Audio driver update

Zelkin

Zelkin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Alright. I'm going to open the usual set of programs that lead it this way (ironically being my bank account, trillian, a website called gaia, and some random explorer page.... in that order) and if it doesn't blow then I'll post back next time it does. Until then this is more of an hourly thing.

Might I mentioned that thus far you have increased my comp speed by triple and not to mentioned almost doubled my memory space. If you fix this then you'll have defeated everyone at the local comp shops and even some of our manufacturers. I have good faith in you though because they acted like it could only be one horrible little thing and gave up when it didn't prove right (costing me plenty) so if this works I'd like to state I'm in your dept and wondering how to help.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
If disabling the device works then we upgrade the driver. Iam sure that the site I pointed to is for your card.
The bad news (kinda) if the update driver does not work then I will ask one of the experts to write a registry fix for us.
The problem looks like (from the error message) it is the way Dell installed the XP system.
I won't point you to what I found as I don't need you playing around with the registry.(sorry)
Cheers
Peterm