Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Donation information

• Please log in to reply

Stevesmith

Stevesmith

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

I have been trying to send a donation via my Paypal account for several days and it says to go back to the Merchant and try a different way????
So I am going to send it snail mail.
I have the address...
THANK YOU!

Advertisements

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I donated directly to geekstogo via paypal approximately six weeks ago.  I was notified that the payment was not accepted.  ???

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Thank you for letting us know! At least PayPal didn't keep it.

We don't allow HTML in our forum posts, so have to do a bit of a workaround with their URLs. Appears they changed their URLs and that no longer worked. Should work now, again thank you for notifying. 

Imploder

Imploder

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi:

I just got a recommendation from someone to look at this site, and I have learned from experience you genrelly get what you pay for. I have not had time to investigate my problem which I already spent 200 bucks on. But what I do with this and similar sites based on after looking throught them, if I start getting a lot of value out of them, I will donate more and regularly to encourage the site to go on. And then, if the site is a legit large function that is serving the communicty well, but mihgt not be aligned with what I really needed, than I at least gave a donation to somehow to help t hem keep going and maintain the better elements of the internet to help the crap dwindlw. But the temptation of free is hard to resist for most people. I Know in a way this sounds cheap, but I believe it helps support smaller and growing sites that are helping somebody and the net in general, and also lets me then direct a larger contribution to a site that really would benifit from it just as I have benifited from mit. I checked and last year I donated almost 200 to 12 sites I used very little, and another 240 to three sites in particularlar. Since Im not exacatly rich, this is a big deal in terms of available spending money, and I hope it is a way of doing the most good.

Does anyone have a virus malware that takes over your computer, puts its own certs in it that llow anyone to do anything, Create users and remove access to your ussers, HIjack reports the entire IE is going somewher else, and appears to hide by using the check disk table to cover itself up under. Its been ripping my machines from WIN2K to WIN 7 up. SInce you have to get on the net to activate software I use, or windows now, bahaboom, its all it takes to start the downward spiral. I jointed and donated hoping to find some infor on this, ubt if not, saw some other tech articles of interest.

Wishing you all the best.

Imploder (Structural, not IT)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

It sounds like you need to start a new topic in our malware removal forum:http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

One of our friendly helpers will walk you through the steps to get your machine(s) clean.

ramkumar

ramkumar

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Can anyone give me some guidelines on what I should pay as a donation for the help and assistance that I have received.

In my case, It has been someone who helped me try and resolve my computer problem..which I think or thought had been a very bad virus...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Can anyone give me some guidelines on what I should pay as a donation for the help and assistance that I have received.

In my case, It has been someone who helped me try and resolve my computer problem..which I think or thought had been a very bad virus...

Since donation is voluntary, the amount that someone wishes to donate is up their discretion. If we required a minimum donation amount, that would be akin to charging someone, which will not happen here.

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Hello ramkunar ..

Please note that all Tools / Programs that you used were also free (or should have been)..

The Developers / Writers of these programs also donate their time and the programs free of charge to us to use (at our discretion).

You are never asked for payment, and please report it if you are charged to do any work on your computer. This is why we ask you to keep your problem in the open, and not deal with others who want your email or private locations ..

For those who are not able to make a payment, but still wish to, Please go to your nearest Red Cross (or Charity of your choice) and put $5 or $10 in an envelope marked "With thanks From GeeksToGo", or similar. This will also spread our good name where-ever you are in the world .

A large donation ($50 or $100) is way beyond many people and never expected, so they seek free online help here (or similar forums).

P.S. I work privately and start from $50 just to look at a computer, then charge $100 per hour to work on it.

Thank You (just my opinion)..