Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not recognizing dvd?

• Please log in to reply

Majmun

Majmun

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
When I insert a dvd into my lite on dvd supermulti drive, I get the pop up box that says, "What do you want to do with this cd?" Shouldn't it say "dvd" instead of "cd", or is that normal? Also, when I go to Nero Vision Express 2, I don't have an option to make a dvd. It only gives me to option to make a cd even though I'm in dvd mode. But, I can go to burn dvd files and make a dvd that way. I want to be able to make a dvd, so that I can make a menu and buttons, etc, but it doesn't give me that option.

I also went to the device manager and checked the dvd drive there. I wanted to change the region setting to 1 because it says that no region was selected. I tried to change it but it says that it is "unable to update region setting. Please be sure that the drive contains region 1 media and you have administrative privilege," which I do.

Edited by Majmun, 29 September 2006 - 06:50 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Windows classes all blank media you give it as being a blank CD regardless of whether it's a DVD or not. XP at this time has no support for writing to a DVD by itself, you need third party-software (like Nero for example) to be able to write to it.

Nero Vision Express 2 came out at a time when DVD writing was expensive. It's now on Version 3 which usually comes with most new CD burners. This version is able to make DVDs with a menu and a button.

Regarding the regions, put a Region 1 DVD in the drive and then see if it you can change it. This has happened on occasion with Region 1 but doesn't seem to affect other regions from what I know of.