Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ewido finds Worm.banwarum.f when I start computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SamR

SamR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
OK, the computer has been working fine and I tested that most of the programs are working as they should. So I have now reset the system restore point.
When I scanned for viruses some trojans were found in the quarantine folder of another anti-virus/malware program, I gather that this isn't an issue though?

Advertisements

Noviciate

Noviciate

Confused Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,567 posts

When I scanned for viruses some trojans were found in the quarantine folder of another anti-virus/malware program, I gather that this isn't an issue though?

Nope. You can delete them from quarantine if you wish, as long as you are sure that they are malicious. If you have any doubts as to whether they are false posistives or not, and it does occassionally happen, leave them there - they're harmless.

SamR

SamR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Great. Looks like my computer is "fixed" then. Thank you very much for all your help, I appreciate it very much :blink:
Hopefully I can now avoid being infected using the info you've given me :whistling:

Noviciate

Noviciate

Confused Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,567 posts
Since the issue appears to be resolved, this thread will now be locked.
If you need this topic reopened SamR, please contact a staff member with the address of this thread.