Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ezlaptop, scam or legit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Froilan

Froilan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[B]Well i joined EZLAPTOP about a year ago and i got my 210 credits. I redeemed the laptop for the 210 credits and received a tracking number 493. I entered this number in the track link and it doesn't track anything. I have sent many emails askign what is going on when they will mail the laptop, what the mailing service would be but not reply. if a laptop indeed comes then it is worth it, it's very easy to do and all you gotta do is pretty much pay 5 bucks and wait 7-8 months and you got a laptop, but if this is a scam....it sucks. Luckily i can afford to risk $5 but i am unhappy with the lack of response from them. If i get my laptop I will let you guys know. does anyone else have their tracking number, does anyone have a number before 493, because chances are you will receive yours before mine.

Advertisements

Man_on_the_moon

Man_on_the_moon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple] Hi all!  I'm new here and my name is Renee.  I have found so many informative posts here that I decided to join!  What I wanted to share was about ezlaptop.  I have achieved my 210 points last week and I got my tracking number.  I was told that it was up for approval when I put the purchase through for my laptop.  I have since emailed them three times with no response.  This is NOT encouraging to me because they usually respond to my emails.    I don't have spam settings on so it's not that either.    I am anxiously awaiting and it's getting harder!  LOL    I wish I knew how long this would take.  If it works..I will do this again.  We shall see...<crossing fingers>  ;)

View Post

My situation is similar, I have buy the laptop with 210 credits.
When I put the number in the case to track the shipping, the page stay blank...
Can you tell me what's the email of ezlapto ?
I can't find it on their web site... :tazz:

Thank You !

And, good luck... ;)

Renee4ever

Renee4ever

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My situation is similar, I have buy the laptop with 210 credits.
When I put the number in the case to track the shipping, the page stay blank...
Can you tell me what's the email of ezlapto ?
I can't find it on their web site...

Thank You !

And, good luck... *************

Thank you. =) I don't have an email address and they don't list one on the site...they only have the email service through the webpage. I did look up the details on a whosis website for ezlaptop.com and it points to earncheap.com which has no website up right now. Their address is listed in arizona also. It's going to take some investigating to find them and I'm going to keep looking.
Has anyone else had any success?

mrcore

mrcore

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I joined Ezlaptop.com on AUG 27 2004... on March 13th I reached 210 credits my member number was 2093 and my order number was 37

no laptop yet.

As some of you know, Myself along with 2 others are building a site a lot like ezlaptop.com.

The credit levels are higher and it costs $10 to join but there are 4 ways to get credits and we have done the math and found that we can make the site work.

The site is partially up(meaning we have a place holder index page and some forums set up) and set to be fully up on or around the 20th of june!

we are offering more than one laptop. and possibly more types of prizes later.

I know a lot of people got scammed by ezlaptop.com (myself included) that is why we are making this site.

Even if you don't sign up please stop by.

Renee4ever

Renee4ever

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: I have been keeping my eyes on your site mrcore. =) I read about it and I forget whether it was here or another site through a google search. I am very anxious and I have been telling my friends about you too. LOL We are ticked with ezlaptop for sure.

Thank you for doing something like this!!! I am so excited!! What is very nice is this...all of us here can see the workings and the beginnings of this site..so we almost 'know' who is running it...and knowing this..can make it seem more reliable. At EZlaptop...there is no human we can get ahold of or know. They are having fun though. grrrrrrrrrrr

mrcore

mrcore

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yeah but ya know what really stinks.

There are still people on ebay selling and posting the links. And some of them even know that it is a scam but they sell the link anyway to take advantage of those that are still not aware of the scam, and make a quick buck.

Renee you know me and I'm counting on you and others like you to help spread the word.. thanks for telling all of your friends. I noticed you haven't stopped by the CHPLaptops forums in a long time.. why don't ya come by and say hi. I'd appreciate it.

Renee4ever

Renee4ever

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Yeah but ya know what really stinks.

There are still people on ebay selling and posting the links.  And some of them even know that it is a scam but they sell the link anyway to take advantage of those that are still not aware of the scam, and make a quick buck.

Renee you know me and I'm counting on you and others like you to help spread the word.. thanks for telling all of your friends.  I noticed you haven't stopped by the CHPLaptops forums in a long time.. why don't ya come by and say hi.  I'd appreciate it.

View Post

I would be more than happy to =) Thank you for the invitation back :tazz:

mrcore

mrcore

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
CHPLaptops.com is set to open Thursday June 23rd at 5:30 PM (GMT - 8:00)

Please visit the site to read our updates
CHPLaptops

navjot2k4

navjot2k4

• Pip
  • 2 posts
If you like high-tech gadgets and things, then check out http://www.get-gifts.../?ref_id=186036. You can get a really great gift like mine, a Laptop for just $40! Really. Just click the link for more info.

this is not a Scam like ezlaptop. You can e-mail the qwner of this site and you can talk to people who got a laptop or other gifts from this site.

june1987

june1987

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't say anything about ezlaptop but I have joined giftsfor5dollars and i think its legit. Basicly you have to pay 5 dollars there too, but you do not get emails you just need to refer new people.

If anyone is interested check it out
http://www.giftsfor5...ex.php?refer=51

Advertisements

jasper the rasper

jasper the rasper

• PipPipPip
  • 867 posts
I have followed this topic with some interest and I am sorry but I find myself being very sceptical about this. The reason is, they have to be in this for a profit. But all you have to do is send off $5 or $40 refer a few people and you get a laptop.
Where is the profit if it is genuine?. I can understand it if they have a really huge turnover and buy in bulk. But to pass this sort of saving on to the customers it must be a truly massive amount of bulk, even after taking into account the few overheads they must have in relationt to high street stores.
If I am wrong and it is genuine I would be interested to know where the profit comes from.

navjot2k4

navjot2k4

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, they do get profit you have to refer 25 people for a laptop and 25*40= 1000
you can easily get a latop for 1000 $$
they are making profit

jasper the rasper

jasper the rasper

• PipPipPip
  • 867 posts
This sounds like another pyramid to me.
But if you are successful and get a new laptop, well done.

Edited by jasper the rasper, 22 June 2005 - 04:25 PM.

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi I'm new, I've just registered specially for ezlaptop. I work for money makers if you know it, We run similar schemes to ezlaptop, and investigate other "SCAM" sites. I run the investigation part of the site and was wondering if anybody else has tried finding the owners details yet. We are very aware that ezlaptop have paid for their details protecting and have full domain usage meaning [email protected] will be recieved unless blocked by spam filters etc. We are also very interested in "mrcore" new site. We do also publicise the good links however be warned we don't join as money makers, or use business addresses and we dont use the same details twice. Ezlaptop have recently blocked our ip's and deleted our log in info so this morning after just 7 days since withdrawing credits they were sent their official Money Makers email explaining who we really are and how they will be reported to paypal, whois (the company protecting their details) and all other appropiate authorities at the end of this 7 day waiting period. So there you have it, I hope you've managed to read this whole message without falling asleep and any suggestions queries or comments will be greatly appreciated. Especially from Ezlaptop.
PS DO NOT JOIN EZLAPTOP.

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi me again I was just wondering if navjot2k4 was mentioning another ezlaptop. Mine is read 210 emails refferals earn 1 credit while mails earn 1 too. Each mail submitted to its members cost $75 to show guaranteed to be shown 4 times to each member which means the emails alone give them $3937.50 Each member pays $5 to join bringing the toal without refferals to $3942.50. Of course everytime someone earns a credit for refferal they're losing a mail profit but they're earning the same again from the new member. The profits are ridiculous. Greedy [bleep]s, excuse my language. If there is another ezlaptop I would love to get the url.