Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Who has the Best Antivirus Software "Period"

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I use Trend Micro 07 and it has never let me down. In my opinion its the best, I have a few friends that use it and they have the same results. It hasn't really lagged my system. Norton lagged my system like crazy. The only time it ever lags is when I do a scan but it doesn't do that anymore since I got more RAM. For free I've had great experiences with AVG. I hear Nod32 is great. I personally use the Trend Micro Internet Security Suite 2007, and Zone Alarm Firewall Pro. I have personally never used Kapersky, Avast, or Nod32, but I do hear there good. Although Kapersky does have a great online scan. I'd go with AVG or Nod32 considering you only want an Anti-Virus and other people seem to recommend Nod32, and I've never used it, but I have used AVG and it is very good.

Advertisements

koukie

koukie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:blink: all right. Here. listen to all of us at the same time and get all the anti-virus at the same time. What would the results be? A really really slow computer. Lolz. j/k. well. I have kasperky and it's all right. But if you are searching for something that has a virus or a million in what ever you are looking for, then get the anti-virus that is suitible for whatever you are doing. Yeah, I've never tried other anti-virus before, but it can be a hassle to try them all. So read the contents before you decide to take a go all right? yeah, take care then. :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Oh I forgot to tell everyone, I dumped off AVG for NOD32 :blink: Live and learn. Turns out I was infected with some small stuff anyway. Or at least, it was suspicious, doesn't mean it was necessarily bad. I love NOD though :whistling:

biggles007

biggles007

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
AVG is good enough for most people. Just keep out of the gutter and you'll be alright.

Painless

Painless

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Lol, I've tried pretty much everything :whistling:
Gotta say NOD32 is the best.. Beats all the others..