Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't get on secure sites like my bank & ebay?

• Please log in to reply

Cherie01

Cherie01

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hiya,
When trying to get onto site's like Ebay,My bank & my Hotmail, my laptop won't allow it ?? it say to check that im online which i am and to check certain boxes on my internbet setting which i have done but i still cant get onto those sites ?? can anyone help please thanks Cherie

Advertisements

bearfan

bearfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Do you have your PC to accept cookies? What operating system are you using?

Cherie01

Cherie01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
im not to sure how to check if its set to accept cookies?? im using windows xp :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go to control panel>>internet options>>privacy>>advance....and you will see if your computer is set to accept cookies..if not just check a green dot to accept cookies and click ok.......you can also make sure all settings are at there default as well >>>security tab>>>>internet>>>local intranet>>>trusted sites >>>restricted sites....make sure these are at there default settings.....later on you will gradually modify settings as you browse around ...at times you will be prompt or asked if you want to go to this site ... if you know its safe click yes and put check on dont show this again.....hope this helps

Edited by rushin1nd, 23 November 2006 - 07:48 AM.

Cherie01

Cherie01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
hiya, i did as u said but its still not working ??? :whistling: Cherie

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
just curious what kinda internet security you have

Cherie01

Cherie01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
hiya avg but its only avg spareware i think im not to sure as this is my hubbys laptop i cant seem to find any anti virus running
ive posted a hijack this log 4 u incase that helps

Edit: Attach HJT log

Attached Files

Edited by wannabe1, 24 November 2006 - 09:24 AM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
it does appeared that your are infected with some type of virus and that could be the cause of your problem

so the next best thing would be to repost a hijack log in the malware forum

http://www.geekstogo...a...amp;s=&f=37

give a few days someone will get to you and get rid of your malware

if you dont recieve an answer let me know and ill put you in the right direction

the malware forum is a busy place so only put one post and dont respond to your own post

Cherie01

Cherie01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hiya again, ive since had the virus's removed but im still unable to get on the secure sites any help will be great :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Cherie01...

Check your Internet Security settings against those found HERE.

Let us know what you find.

wannabe1

Advertisements

Cherie01

Cherie01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hiya,

the settings the eactly the same to the ones i have :blink:

but it still dosnt work :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is your Java installed and up to date?

Open Control Panel and double click on the "Java" icon. Under the "Update" tab, click on the "Update Now" button.

Cherie01

Cherie01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hiya,

I did as u said & when i click to download the new updates it says "unable to validate securtiy integrity on the file. file is either corrupt or unsigned"

hope this helps Cherie

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did it give you the option to download it anyway?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you could give this a try ...from start >>set programs access and defaults>>click add "n" remove windows components>>make sure msn explorer is checked...even windows explorer or messenger then click next follow prompts

after check this out as well go to control panel >>internet options>>and connections tab>>make sure your settings are ok...automatically detect settings