Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intermittent problem accessing internet

• Please log in to reply

amanda8

amanda8

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:whistling: When I turn on my computer (XP) I can access the internet. There have been times recently though where, after some time on the computer I cannot access anymore ("this page cannot be displayed"). Once I restart then all is fine again. More recently I looked at geeks to go anti-malware advice and have followed it but the initial scans do not show any problems. When I run Panda Active scan (it takes a while) and at the end it sugests there may be 1 spyware item and 2 hacking tools but when I try to get a report (EVERYTIME) I cannot then access the internet to get the report.

My ISP is plusnet and I am using there system to check things so I've checked all hardware and removed recent software (IE7) and there doing some other checks for me ...... but, shall I submit the HijackThis Log to the appropriate forum (when Ad-Aware SE Personal and ewido anti-spyware showed up no problem and I have spybot and Spywareguard and Windows defender all running and none have told me of a problem) or can someone on this forum suggest something. Thank you in advance for any help.

Advertisements