Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express version 6

• Please log in to reply

steverino1997a

steverino1997a

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
This program freezing for me is a new problem. I received an email this morning. Outlook Express froze when trying to download messages. Before rebooting, I went directly to server through webmail and deleted all new messages. I then rebooted, and the download into OE completed, but it appears prior to freezing it did download the messages. As I was going through and deleting unwanted messages, I came upon the one that I think is causing the problem. Every time this message is selected, the program freezes. I have disabled preview pane, blocked attachments through the security settings, accessed the program through safe mode, and every time this message is selected, or I try to delete it, the entire program freezes. As long as I don't select this message, everything works fine. Is there a way to get rid of this? I don't want to lose everything in the folder. Or am I stuck with this one message. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Advertisements

steverino1997a

steverino1997a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for the reply! Hopefully a quick question. I went through the steps you described, and there was an advisory wanting to confirm deleting all headers etc in all folders was OK. Will this process delete all email in all folders?

steverino1997a

steverino1997a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I will do. Thanks again for the speedy replies and the help!