Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Outlook Express 6 not connecting

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Error 0x800ccc0d

Error 0x800ccc0e

Trend Micro Internet Security 2006

i was using windows firewall decided to use trend micro above are the 2 errors i get when i open outlook express it did on both computers these computers have never been infected one is brand new slimline hp the other is brand new harddrive in a refurbished computer both are updated to ie 7 but ie 7 is not the problem....i restarted windows firewall disabled trends firewal but that didnt work

So if anyone had a problem like this how did you resolve it

The host 'smtp1.ntl.smpatico.ca' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop1.ntl.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smtp1.ntl.smpatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop1.ntl.sympatico.ca', Server: 'pop1.ntl.sympatico.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Advertisements

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I use sympatico for email as well and have noticed a few of the internet security suites and anti virus softwares mess with it.

Uninstall Trend Micro and see if you can get email again. Not disable, but uninstall.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
i hoping that i dont need to uninstall because of dial-up

updating trend takes 5 hours but im going to be open minded if it comes down to uninstalling trend i will

before i do anymore ideas anyone

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Don't unistall your security, try booting into safemode with network. This will let you know that the problem is starting with the PC. Then it's a matter of finding the settings (more than likely in TrendMicro) to allow you to get your email.

Safemode:

Start /Run /open=msconfig. Click on Boot.ini, select safeboot then click network next to it. Click OK and restart.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
safemode with network is not possible with dial-up here in the bush

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Man, Dialup is tough. the only thing I can think of is to check all the settings for the firewall and the AV email scanner and be sure they are at the default or low levels. Also a number of Security Suites like to set up an email proxy for spam filtering that can cause the issue you are discribing. you may have to disable the spam filter and delete/recreate the email account in your email client.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
its strange that started open on the new computer

and the sttings of the firewall are identiticle

but im going try your possiblities

its trend internet security 2006 that im using

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Well I got time to look up the error codes here at work.

Error Code Error Type Description
0x800CCC00 solution LOAD_SICILY_FAILED Authentication did not load.
0x800CCC01 solution INVALID_CERT_CN Invalid certificate content.
0x800CCC02 solution INVALID_CERT_DATE Invalid certificate date.
0x800CCC03 solution ALREADY_CONNECTED User already connected.
0x800CCC04 solution CONN
0x800CCC05 solution NOT_CONNECTED Not connected to server.
0x800CCC06 CONN_SEND
0x800CCC07 WOULD_BLOCK
0x800CCC08 INVALID_STATE
0x800CCC09 CONN_RECV
0x800CCC0A solution INCOMPLETE Message download incomplete.
0x800CCC0B solution BUSY Server or maildrop is busy.
0x800CCC0C NOT_INIT
0x800CCC0D solution CANT_FIND_HOST Cannot locate server.
0x800CCC0E solution FAILED_TO_CONNECT Cannot connect to server.
0x800CCC0F solution CONNECTION_DROPPED Connection closed.
0x800CCC10 solution INVALID_ADDRESS Address not known on server.
0x800CCC11 solution INVALID_ADDRESS_LIST Mailing list not known on server.
0x800CCC12 solution SOCKET_READ_ERROR Unable to send Winsock request.
0x800CCC13 solution SOCKET_WRITE_ERROR Unable to read Winsock reply.
0x800CCC14 solution SOCKET_INIT_ERROR Unable to initialize Winsock.
0x800CCC15 solution SOCKET_CONNECT_ERROR Unable to open Windows Socket.
0x800CCC16 solution INVALID_ACCOUNT User account not recognized.
0x800CCC17 solution USER_CANCEL User canceled operation.
0x800CCC18 solution SICILY_LOGON_FAILED Logon attempt failed.
0x800CCC19 solution TIMEOUT
0x800CCC1A solution SECURE_CONNECT_FAILED Unable to connect using SSL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error 0x800CCC00
Try closing and restarting Outlook Express.
If you still cannot connect, wait 20 minutes for the server to reset and then try again.
Back to the Error Codes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error 0x800CCC01
Get the certificate re-issued by your authority server.
Back to the Error Codes

Error 0x800CCC02
Get your certificate re-issued by your authority server.
Back to the Error Codes

Error 0x800CCC03
Close all connections on all machines and wait 20 minutes to check your mail again.
If an improper disconnection occurred you may be Poplocked. You can either wait for the poplock to time out, or call Technical Support.
Back to the Error Codes

Error 0x800CCC04
Check connectoid.
Back to the Error Codes

Error 0x800CCC05
If you can view web pages you may have the wrong mail server typed in your account or the server may be down.
If you cannot view web pages hang-up and try connecting again.
Reboot your computer and try again.
Back to the Error Codes

Error 0x800CCC0A
Close your internet connection and all programs. Search for the file pop3uidl and delete it. Reboot your computer. Reconnect and it should work.
You may have a corrupt or a very large file attachment on the mail server. Large file attachments, mail that are missing headers, or mail that do not conform to the mail RFC's can cause this.
Back to the Error Codes

Error 0x800CCC0B
Try to retrieve your e-mail about once every 5 minutes. You can also call your ISP help desk to make sure the server hasn't crashed.
You may be logged in on another machine. Close all connections on all machines and wait 20 minutes to check again.
Some mail servers will not recognize an improper disconnection in some instances. Your account may be Poplocked. You can either wait for the poplock to time out, or call Technical Support.
Back to the Error Codes

Error 0x800CCC0D
If you can view web pages you may have the wrong mail server typed in your account or the server may be down.
If you cannot view web pages hang-up and try connecting again.
Reboot your computer and try again.
Back to the Error Codes

Error 0x800CCC0E
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'account name', Server:mail.bellsouth.net, Protocol:SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): NO, Socket error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800ccc0e
CAUSE: The email client is attempting to connect to a port that is blocked or unavailable. Often this is a result of a misconfigured software firewall.

see if this helps

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well thank you [b]silverbeard[/b] everything works

i really appreciate your help your help worked

i removed outlook from firewall

remove email address as default

then put outlook back in firewall exception list

activate same account with outlook

but the trick i had do add same account to outlook 3 times

gave more time on the clock so outlook doesnt timeout

So i personally think Outlook Express is afraid of FIREWALLS>>except microsoft firewall

but you saved christmas emails >>>MERRY CHRISTMAS

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Good deal! working for an ISP has a few advantages :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Good deal! working for an ISP has a few advantages :whistling:

I never used hi-speed so im curious when you say it has its advantages(DIAL-UP)

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
I mean working for an ISP (Internet Service Provider) has advantages like access to a very good troubleshooting data base. They allow us to contribute to the data base with tips and tricks to help other agents gain the benefit of the experience of those of us who have seen most of the problems that come in to the help desk.

High speed internet has the advantage that is obvious, it's fast. Pages load in under a second that take three to five seconds for dial up to load. I can download 700MB .iso files in thirty minutes or less and surf the internet at the same time with no noticeable difference in loading pages. I can have three to five PCs on the internet and a server running and still be faster than the fastest dial up on all computers. Try running a web or ftp server on dial up.

StephenLee

StephenLee

• Pip
  • 5 posts
1. Fix Outlook error 0x800CCC0D (CANT FIND HOST - Cannot locate server)

This error message means that Outlook Express can not find host/can not locate server.
a. Go to Tools--Options--General Tab and untick this option.
b. Check your SMTP settings is correct or not.
c. Make sure your network does work properly. Check DNS numbers, remove and then reinstall TCP/IP in Control Panel-Network.

2. Fix Outlook error 0x800ccc78 (SMTP REJECTED SENDER - Unknown sender)

This outlook error is caused by having the incorrect e-mail address in the 'Reply To' field. The error would be resolved by entering the certain email.

3. Fix Outlook error 0x800CCC0E (Cannot connect to server)

a. The Network Enviorment fails to find Server IP. I suggest you go to Start menu--Run--type in "cmd"--"ping e-mail address -t"--And that is the correct Server IP.

b. Adjust the security level of Firewall, Email Inspector or anti-virus programs. If the sercurity level is too high then the email transmission would be corrupt. Or you can close those programs temporarily.

4. Fix Outlook error 0x800CCC0F (CONNECTION DROPPED)

The modem or network cable was disconnected. Try to update the mode drivers or adding an Init string.

http://www.articlesb...ly-1497502.html

rose186

rose186

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i hoping that i dont need to uninstall because of dial-up

updating trend takes 5 hours but im going to be open minded if it comes down to uninstalling trend i will

before i do anymore ideas anyone

Hi friend!
You can use a powerful recovery tool for Outlook 2007 repair. The recovery tool with its advanced algorithms easily fixes the issue for you.