Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battery

• Please log in to reply

abs

abs

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

My laptop has decided that it will only work when plugged into the mains.

I have been working on it quite a lot with it plugged in (more as a desktop than a laptop <_< ) and now the battery has died - or at least I think this is what has happened.

The computer works fine when it is plugged in but within a few moments of unplugging the mains the screen goes black/computer shuts down with no warning.

Have I 'overcharged' the battery ie, is it from bad power management, always using the laptop with mains power, or a rubbish battery life, or could it be bug related?

The laptop is not that old, just over a year.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Could be the batter, the charger, or something inside the laptop--sorry hard to say for sure. <_<

nichobemo

nichobemo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've had this happen a lot, second battery is needed... your likely correct on overcharging (careful, some units have been recalled check with man.)

buy it from someone that has a solid return policy... just in case <_<