Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X-Copy

• Please log in to reply

ray5809

ray5809

• Pip
  • 2 posts
One of my favorate DOS programs was X-Copy. It would copy large files over multiple discs. Unlike backup software. X-Copy made an exact copy that did not need a recover program open. True to backup a computer you would use more discs. I felt it was safer and easer. Whith the inexpensive DVD disc's a couple extra discs to back up my hard drive does not matter.

Problem can x-copy be configured to copy to a DVD drive? Or is there another program that will make an automatic backup. just a prompt to change disc's, without compressing my data.
Thank You
Ray M

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Wouldn't it be simpler to use an external hard drive? Why would you want to copy Windows and program files anyway? If you trash XP, they will all need reinstalled. If you wanted to make an image of your drive Acronis or some other software might be simpler than trying to modify this X-copy software.
Johanna