Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Securing External MultiCard Reader

• Please log in to reply

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
I have 4 computers that are public use computers that have external multicard readers attached to them. We've had a couple walk off before and I was wondering if anyone has a solution for securing them to the computer or desk or something so they will stay put?

I tried an internal reader but getting them to install in a Dell is like putting a square block in a round hole... so that is out...

Any thoughts?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
JB weld?...if you can remove something that's been glued to the pc with jb weld without breaking either device...then you deserve to keep it!...i would imagine that a less permanent method could be found as well...such as opening up the card reader...and drilling holes in the side..then maybe putting a U bolt through so that you could attach a chain and lock? or something of that nature....maybe you could hang the card reader from the collar of a trained pit bull?