Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed new motherboard Monitor wont turn on

• Please log in to reply

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
According to its rated amps it is enough for your system

Advertisements

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Doby i got it working but now i cant get my motherboard to install like my it wont let me install the ide thingy and the usb luckly the lan ethernet port worked so i got my internet to work i tried downloading the drivers didnt work i tried installing the ide thing from the disk it says this thing called D:\install\detect.exe C:\Windows\system32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the applicattion and i have the choices between close and ignore than after i click 1 of the 2 another things pop up saying D:\Install\Biosdate.exe C:\Windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the applicattion please reply fast oh yeah and another thing pops up saying acces violation at address 7c91144 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00403DDD i cant read the readme stuff because its all messed up and when i right click on the cd and explore in my computer it shows my desktop :tazz:

Congo

Congo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Clutch13,

You have an ECS mainboard with a via chipset.

Here is the driver page.

http://www.ecsusa.co.../pt800ce-a.html

But you should have the driver disk that came with the mainboard.... hope it's the correct one.

Is the LAN driver needed for an internet connection? Why is that .... because it goes thru a router somehow?

Did you solve the bootup problem with the new Power supply? I mean, was that actually the problem?

Did you ever switch the voltage to 240v on the old PSU ? (Let's hope not.)

It helps if you give accurate feedback so we know what's going on and what worked and what didn't.

Windows isn't recognising the driver installation program for some reason.

I really think this might be a little over your head and you should take the machine to someone who has more knowledge and get them to configure your BIOS and re-install windows ......... correct me if I'm wrong of course.

The fact that the machine is running points to the fact that the hardware is working ok, and it's probably operator error.

You may be able to install the drivers thru their respective .inf files and using the devices property pages to browse to them from device manager, I can't remember exactly how the via 4 in 1 setup works offhand..... sorry.

What worries me is that you are getting the error, and it makes me wonder if your windows installation is corrupt or confused.

Did you reformat the C: drive before you installed the OS ?

Did you in fact re-install windows at all, or are you trying to use the old installation on the new hardware?

So many questions, so few facts...

Here to help. :tazz:

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
yeah the power supply fixed my problem yeah before i loggged in it told me to activate windows i activated it do i have to install windows again
? like put it the disk and i dont kno how to format i might take this to a shop but ill try and fix it b4 i spend my money

Edited by Clutch13, 14 April 2005 - 08:10 AM.

Congo

Congo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Well, if it were me, I would not hesitate to format, but I'm a confessed geek.

If you get your system working and it does what you want..... don't format until you really need to.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi Cluch, I would format and reinstall XP this should fix the newmerous problems.

You will loose everthing on the drive but at this point I think you have to.

I will look for a guide on how to format and install windows and post it here in a few minutes.

Glad the psu got your computer running.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Here is a guide to a clean install of Xp Win XP

Now that you got the computer running with the new psu you will be ok, just follow the guide. Anytime you switch mobo's to a different model you should either do a repair install or clean install of the OS. This is because of driver issues mainly but it is normal to have to do this to eliminate the problems you are now having.

With all the problems you went through it is my oppinion that you need a clean install and after all will be well.

Rick

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i got a ? wats a os

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
operating system (windows XP) Sorry I got to learn to be more carefull

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Darn i reinstalled windows everything is gone i installed my mobo now but i still cant get the sound to work i dont kno if my other stuff installed gosh :tazz:

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Go into device manager and see if there are yellow marks next to anything. if there is then the drivers are not installed.

Run the disk that came with the mobo again and make sure you did not miss anything

Are you using the onboard sound or do you have a sound card?

Edited by Doby, 14 April 2005 - 09:19 PM.

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
no there isnt any yellow marks on anything

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Thats funny then your sound should work make sure the speakers are pluged into the right jack on the back of the computer and turned on.

If there are know yellow marks then all your drivers installed correctly so thats good news.

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Yea it is connected u think it might be the the jumpers im not shure

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
What board do you have again? I will check and post back tomarrow it could also be a bios setting, I will see what I can find out.

Does everthing else seem to be running ok?