Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Icons and View help

• Please log in to reply

Benchwarmer969

Benchwarmer969

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey, I was wondering if there is any way to set all folders on your PC to have the same size icons in Windows Vista (i.e. All folders to be shown as Tiles, meduim icons, small icons, thumbnails etc.). Is that possible? I've looked in almost every place that would have something like that, and I have not found it.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Benchwarmer969...

Open your Documents folder, click on the dropdown arrow next to "Views", and set the slider to the desired size. You'll need to do this in eash of the folders you use. Make sure that the "Remember each folders view settings" is selected in "Folder Options" (under the View tab).

wannabe1

Benchwarmer969

Benchwarmer969

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
That seems like a hassle. Vista should have a setting to show all folders in the same size.