Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista security

• Please log in to reply

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
So I'm installing Vista on my new PC, and I'm wondering if I should use the Windows firewall and security features? Or should I download 3rd party programs? Currently on my XP machine I'm running:
Zonealarm
Spybot
Ad-aware
AVG
Just wondering if I need these same programs in Vista. And also I was wondering if Avast is better than AVG? I've had Avast recommended to me a few times.

Advertisements

BluePoet

BluePoet

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Personally, I continue to use Symantec Internet Security. I hope they make it more compatible with vista in the future, but I would no sooner trust the on-board Vista security than I would through my computer out the window.

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I used to use Symantec programs. Mainly Norton, but after my subscription expired I didn't want to renew.