Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Powerbook G4 Question

• Please log in to reply

Dice-

Dice-

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi everyone

Just recently I have bought a used Powerbook G4. I can't seem to find the administrator password; so I have resorted to buy the install discs to reset the password. The thing is, I don't know what version to buy; I'm new to Apple/Macintosh computers overall. I have seen on AppleRescue that there are other kinds of install disks; Tiger, Panther, or Jaguar. I don't know which to choose; help would be appreciated. Thank you

Advertisements

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Tiger is the latest one but theres soon to be leopard.

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Leopard is coming out sometime this year. So, wait for that or buy a single user license copy of Tiger... here is a fair price.

Amazon.com osX Tiger

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
The only version you can buy is Tiger. You didnt receive the install disc from the seller? Just find another person that owns a Mac and borrow the disc so you can reset the password. No use in buying the OS if you already have it. You may also be able to receive an additional copy of the disc from Apple if you play your cards right.