Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting DVD vob/MPEG2 to other vid file

• Please log in to reply

DanCP

DanCP

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi

I have captured a section of a US DVD movie which Im in, I want it for a show reel which I am editing in Pinnacle Studio 10

It says its a vob/MPEG2 file and Pinnacle cant recognise it. Idont understand the formats and codecs well - there are so many

how can I convert the clip to one that will work in Pinnacle (or windows movie maker) please

thanks

Dan

Advertisements

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
You can use Super Encoder to convert the video into just about any format of video in one step.

It should be able to do what you are needing. Plus its free!

DanCP

DanCP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks - super converter looks awesome!

But - Ive tried changing the vob files to many different file types using Super converter. but niether pinnacle or windows movie maker can open any of them

Ive tried AVI, and WMA with different combinations of 'codecs' mpeg 2 and 4 and others .....no joy

I just dont get this video file compatibiliy stuff! and there seems to be no info on the editing programs help menu

What is a file type and codec that will be ok on my two video editing programs please? are ther safe files to use for many applications?

Cheers

Dan

hanaku

hanaku

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Maybe the imtoo mpeg encoder can help you
My friend likes it very much, but I haven't used it
So I am not sure whether it could satisfied you, sorry!
But you can google it and free to try(my friend told me this shareware can free to try 5 min)
Good luck!

candycaw

candycaw

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Why don't you try imtoo product?
It is very helpful
The reason that I like it is not only the good quality, but also the after service
Maybe your friends too!

DanCP

DanCP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok thanks you guys, will check out this imtoo and let you know