Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DDR Ram PC2300 and PC3200

• Please log in to reply

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Hi

I have got the system stated below, and i have had some 512mb DDR PC2300 RAM. I know that all my RAM will drop to PC2300,

so i want to know is 1gb PC3200 better than 1.5gb PC2300? i use the computer for gaming, internet etc!

Thanks

Edited by glen_m_32, 26 March 2007 - 01:06 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
In your case it would be better to have more RAM at the lower-rated speed, not less RAM at faster-rated speed.
In fact, if I had to choose, I would always choose more RAM as better than less, faster-rated RAM. Simply because it would have a more positive effect on performance and the benefits would be greater. The amount of multi-tasking you can do at any one time is determined by how much RAM you have, not how fast the RAM is.

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Fantastic, that has confirmed my own thoughts, thanks a bunch :whistling:

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I agree Pip22 , More RAM ( Random access memory ) the better

in some cases it can cause trouble/problems though...

Hope all goes well glen_m_32

Let us know how it all pans out in time :)

Anthony19