Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista H@tKeysH@@k.dll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kitty Diggins

Kitty Diggins

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've upgraded from xp home to vista ultimate. So far all of the software my husband and I use works perfectly except 1 small thing. He plays a stand alone card game (yugioh of all things) that has a game trainer he uses frequently. However, when I tried to run his game trainer, I received this message:

C:\Windows\system32\H@tKeysH@@k.DLL

The only thing I can do is hit OK and begin the game. However, the game trainer ceases to work at all. I've even tried putting it into XP compatibility mode but the trainer just will not work. I'm assuming Windows is blocking access for some reason because of this DLL that it puts into sys32.

The file is clean and I need to use it or he will make me go back to windows XP and I can't return this software to Office Max due to piracy. Anyone know how I can go about continuing using this trainer? All it does is wait for certain keystrokes to activate the trainers functions.

Help?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There are two schools of thought on this file:

1) It is actually a spyware file., a keystroke logger and a (low risk) trojan horse.
2) It's a legitimate file that's used in some TMK games and also your Yugioh game.

It's been around a few years, Trend Micro classifies it as a trojan horse (and deletes it), Norton and AVG ignore it.
But anyway, it looks like Vista security blocks this, or your trainer has compatibility issues as a whole under Vista.

Kitty Diggins

Kitty Diggins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
so is there a fix for this? I have all the vista security settings turned off at this time (really annoying for an intermediate user) and it still does not seem to work. As far as support goes for the game trainer, well, it's a cheat program, like anyone would support that! any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hello Kitty Diggins

It is against the ToS of GeeksToGo to help you with your current situation. We cannot and will not help someone who is trying to circumvent the basic running of any kind of software. It may not be illegal, but it is certainly unethical, and therefore we will abstain from helping anyone try to do so. I am now closing this thread. I hope you understand.

Fenor