Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Drivers

• Please log in to reply

RhynoT99

RhynoT99

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
So I formatted my hard drive on the computer and the windows xp installation disks are seperate; 1. for operating system, 2. for drivers, 3. for applications.

After formatting and starting windows i found out that I no longer have the drivers disk and can't use the internet to download the drivers because my network card isn't being recognized (I am assuming because it has no driver)

What are my options to get my network card up and running so i can broswe the web and update all my drivers?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You have another machine, can you go to the maker's website, put the information on the machine in, and look for the drivers? There is usually a drivers and downloads link. You could burn thefiles to a CD. What brand is it? Without that information we can't be of any help.

RhynoT99

RhynoT99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Its a gateway desktop computer. pre-installed with windows xp. The network card is intel I believe.

I'm at work right now so I don't know off the top of my head.

A friend gave me a CD-R with about 8 or nine drivers for different things. 1 listed as LAN and the other as WLAN. they didnt do anything.

I will check the card brand/type and go to a friends house and look to burn the drivers if thats what i need to do

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Go the the Gateway site, then put your model number and serial number or service number in and it should take you to a page with all the driver downloads. Just download them to a folder and burn the whole folder to a CD. Then you will have eveything you need. However the network drives may just fit on a floppy if your machines uses floppies, then you can get the others.

RhynoT99

RhynoT99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
no floppy drive in my machine......I'll have to get all the info from the computer tommorrow. make it out to a friends house sometime soon and download and burn to a CD. thanks for the help