Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash player

• Please log in to reply

THFC

THFC

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I believe it was to do with the changes in settingsmade when Spyware was recently removed courtesy of this site, thanks again!

Ever since, I have had problems with viewing websites and videos on Youtube for example. I have downloaded and upgraded with all the lastest additions, and it has been tested, it is on my system.

However on most sites it keeps saying I need to download and install Flash to view what is there. I assume it is one of the settings, howver I do not want to make a serious mistake and leave myself open to spyware, do you have any suggestions?

Kind regards,
THFC

Edited by THFC, 11 April 2007 - 12:10 PM.

Advertisements

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hope this helps...

http://www.geekstogo...mp;#entry927262

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks for the reply, however, I was aware of the Java Script prior and it is enabled, I am baffled by this!

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
any further inputs welcome

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Nothing?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
For IE, is this version installed

http://www.filehippo...flashplayer_ie/

mikell808

mikell808

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I was having the same problem, this version did solve it. Thanks,

Too bad Microsoft doesn't make it easier to let them know when there is a problem and a solution.

THFC

THFC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks for your response Keith, I downloaded the latest version from your link and rebooted but the problem is still there, this is so frustrating! anyway, when I go onto youtube I get the following, and get similar messages on almost any site which has Java etc:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I have all the latest software I believe and have the boxes check I think, well the ones that should enable it all!

Thanks in advance,
THFC

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
What web browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser?

(like if you normally use IE7, have you tried Firefox?)