Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless problems

• Please log in to reply

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Ok now i know ur gunna say dont go so far away... Im only 10 feet away.. it says i have Excellent Signal strength. but it will lose connection to router... just about every 10 to 20 min... very annnoying... but i know that youll ask what i got and all so im including all i think you will need..(p.s. dell had me restore vista but same thing happens 3 days later..)
Im useing Dell Inspiron E1505, with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. My Router is a Netgear 54mbps wireless router.. (model # WGR614)
If u need anymore info...
Thanks!

Advertisements

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Nothing?.... maybe an admin could move this topic to networking... (thanks) but this makes me mad.. when vista trys to find the problem it finds nothing so i disconnect and reconnect(it fails) then windows trys to find the problem again then it lets me renew the ip. (10 min later) it connects fine till it starts again

The Zig

The Zig

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Personally I would take my laptop to a friends and make sure it wasn't the router!

The Zig

The Zig

• Pip
  • 4 posts
And also you couls try uninstalling IPV6 and using IPV4 this could be causing some
confusion between the router and the computer. Just left click wireless connection
click properties and it will be right there. :whistling: