Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

free sms for sms competitions

• Please log in to reply

astro2

astro2

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
hey just curious to see if you guys are as smart as this website says you guys are

i was wondering can you use free sms websites for sms competitions??

i tried one website but they only acknowledge mobile phone numbers not competitions sms numbers that usually DON'T start with a '0' and also the fact it has less numbers

are there any sites i could use?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nope....those competitions work because when you send an SMS from your phone....their system get's your phone number so that they can actually track and contact the winner...it also gives them a way of seeing how effective their competition is at getting to the public.....if you use one of the free SMS pages...they don't get this tracking and they can't contact you if you win...

astro2

astro2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
but isn't it based on the website itself that is the problem?

I mean sure they have to know your number so they can track the winner or what not

however these sites you can tell the receiver if it should be labelled as the freesms website title or your mobile no.

therefore the problem mainly lies on the sites that won't allow you to type in a non mobile number. Thats why i'm curious if there is a way around it.

i.e some sort of program or sumthin :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i don't know of ANY site that would manage such a thing....if you have a wireless phone your phone company might allow for you to send a message from their site...but i would imagine that they would charge you for it