Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Mail with Vista

• Please log in to reply

KandiLyons

KandiLyons

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Here's the problem. Nothing was wrong with the mail until the other day when I tried to send something from the Word Processor. Not only did it not send, but now I can't delete it from the Outbox. This gets better. I tried to send the project again. This time it went through, but the message was still in my Outbox. This time I was able to delete the message, but I had to delete it, it didn't delete itself, like usual. So, I figuered, "No big deal." When I started sending more messages I noticed that some are sending and some aren't. Some are deleting and some aren't. Weird. What's the gig? Finally, I decided to send a test message to my Yahoo account. Never showed, it is still in the Outbox, but a test from another mail account with Windows Mail did work.

(I have several accounts linked to this box). One of them isn't sending, it also isn't receiving, but the kandilyons one is working just fine.

Also, I didn't think much of it before, but I attached several of my host emails to this account. They all receive fine, but I can't send from any of them, I have to link up to my host if I want to reply. (By host I mean the people who host my Domain.)

I've thought about deleting and re-adding the email I'm having difficulty with, but I haven't called the people who provide my LAN service yet, usually I'll figure out a problem before they will. I thought that I would try here first.

Any suggestions?

Katrina

Advertisements

KandiLyons

KandiLyons

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I have not solved my mail problem, but I did find a way to get around it.

The email that I was having issues with was set as the default email in Windows Mail on Vista. What I did was create a bogus email as default. I have it set to ask for a password in order to log in. Since I'll never log in I just close the window, then it pops up an error & I just close that. The email that WAS having all the problems is now working. :whistling: The bogus email is a dummy. The email that is stuck in the outbox is still stuck, but all the other emails in the Windows Mail is working fine.

I hope this helps anyone else having this same Mail Issue with Vista.

Katrina.

PS
Almost forgot! Make sure you uncheck the box that says: Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing. If you don't then everytime your program tries to send/receive email automatically you will be prompted to sign into your bogus account. You can do this by opening the Properties of the bogus default email & click the General Tab, then uncheck the box with that description, be sure to save.

Edited by KandiLyons, 15 May 2007 - 12:11 AM.

KandiLyons

KandiLyons

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Click here to go to the page that discusses a solution to this problem.

KandiLyons
:whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi Katrina:

Thank you for posting your solution for others to use.

Ron :whistling: