Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i just need help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Flagler23

Flagler23

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
i have hijack this and i did my log but It wont delete some of the files. I went to safemode and deleted ceres and desktop.exe which are both bad files but then when i signed on normally the files were still right there on hijack this. i dont understand why they wont delete. If you could help that would be great thanks.

Advertisements

Asakura

Asakura

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
a file is making them reappear, to fully exterminate the file, get a copy of Ad-Aware by lavasoft, then run it and let it scan

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please post in the malware forum, where we have some ceres experts to help on this particular problem

Ad-aware will not remove this software at this time.

Flagler23

Flagler23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
yes ure right. Ad aware did not work. I went to malware and put my log in so hopefully that will work. thanks

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Topic closed,
Posted for help in the Proper Forum