Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Horoscopes for Friday
06/29/2007
PISCES
(Feb. 20-Mar. 20)
You can come into money that you don't necessarily work for. You should socialize with clients or upper echelons of your industry if possible. Romance and social activity will be a promising combination.

:whistling: The money...I'll eagerly await. And I AM socializing with upper echelons. We have some major changes going on at work, and severl ppl from our corporate office are here.

Man, would I like some money now - could use it :) and socializing with G2G in my opinion IS socializing with peers (upper echelons) in my industry :) Where else can you chat and interact with peers and professionals that come in with a WIDE variety of talents and skills, some of them members of ASAP and other fine organizations? It is a pleasure to be here to be able to do that, and learn from others :)

But that romance thing? I don't see THAT happening any time soon. :help:

Agree with You, Kat :blink: :)

I have people tell me all the time that the only way I'm gonna meet a LadyGeek is to either go to a bar, or hit the town more often, or meet one online - I have a friend that wants to set me up with a lady, but these people are NOT my type, and if I'm gonna get attached to someone, I want to know that they have similar interests to me - I have been an IRC Gkobal Operator for years, and know that there are things that you are TOLD online that may NOT be true. It depends on the TRUST that you place in an individual and whether you believe what they tell you.......been BURNED alot, so I am leary of what I am told - that's why I am still single - I figure if I play my cards right, I will meet my LadyGeek someday......Until that happens I have my good friends here and other places to talk to :help: sometimes I get lonely, but I will find the right person someday *smile*

Brian

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Who died the worst death?

Three men stood at the gates of heaven, but St. Patrick was regretful to inform them that due to the amount of good being done in the world, only one would be let in. So he decided to base it on who died the worst death. He took the first man aside and asked "How did you die?"

The first man replies: "Well, I thought my wife was cheating on me. So, in the middle of my work day, I went home and found her in the shower. Nothing unusual about that. So I searched the rest of the house, and when I get to the balcony, I find this guy hanging off the edge! So I grab the nearest hammer and smash his fingers until he falls down, ignoring his pleas. However, I see that he's still alive! So, I grab the refrigerator and hurl it down on top of him. In doing that, though, I lose my balance and plummet down to my death." St. Patrick nods and calls the next man forwards, asking the same question.

The second man says "Well, I had just gotten a new book of exercises, and I didn't think there was a better place to try them out than my balcony, since it was a warm day and the air was fresh. So, I start on them, but a slight miscalculation led to me falling. Luckily, though, I managed to grab onto a balcony two floors down, when suddenly a man, shouting a string of curses, grabs a hammer and starts smashing my fingers! Of course, he ignores my pleas for help like a deaf idiot. So, my fingers are broken, and I begin to fall, but fortunately I land in some soft bushes. But next thing I know, there's this huge refrigerator on top of me, and I find myself here!" St. Patrick nods sympathetically at the man, who seems to have several broken bones. He beckons the last person forwards.

The third man starts: "Imagine. You're hiding naked in a refrigerator..."

Sooo... WHO DIED THE WORST DEATH ?

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

I'm gonna get attached to someone, I want to know that they have similar interests to me

sometimes I get lonely, but I will find the right person someday *smile*

Lonely can get so bad that it affects your judgment, don't look for THE one, look for someone to spend time with, and enjoy being around. It sounds to me like you are ONLY willing to be around the future MRS **Brian**. You need to get out, get comfortable in social setting and let the loneliness go.

It's hard to "play your cards right", when you keep folding. Make friends, have some (responsible) fun and build yourself a life...then you'll have something to share with Mrs **Brian**.

My wife builds websites and computers and is fairly good at this stuff. When we met she was afraid to turn one on " 'case I might break it". Now she's a fair Geek. NO pushing from me, she just saw how excited I was/am about technology and she asked questions. As a result she got excited and learned. Your Mrs **Brian** may know nothing about computers right now.

Give yourself a chance. Give her a chance to meet you. How could she do that right now? Where do you go, what do you do? Would she need to do a door to door search for you? Would you do that for her?

Also, my wife would like to add, for the first 48 hours of knowing me, she couldn't stand me. lol. If someone had told her then (during that 48 hours) that we'd be married with 3 kids, she would have died laughing.

Anyone need a used soap box?

Edited by bobmad, 30 June 2007 - 08:12 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts

Anyone need a used soap box?

* Takes the Soap Box underneath bobmad.
* Steps on the soap box.
* Goes on ranting about life, girls ,dating troubles, school troubles,and work troubles.
* Gets off soap box and passes it to the next person and starts singing 99 boxes of chocolate in the cupboard 99 boxes of chocolate take one down pass it around 98 boxes of chocolate in the cupboard.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Okay I'm away camping all weekend and you geeks are STILL ON THE 44th PAGE????

C'mon, you can do better than that...

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I'm showing page 118. You have too many posts per page!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Horoscopes for Sunday
07/01/2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIES
(Mar. 21- April 20)
Think twice before you speak. Creative pursuits should payoff. Get busy on those home improvement projects that you've been procrastinating about.

TAURUS
(Apr. 21- may 21)
You will have to control the way you feel. Take a look at the possibilities of starting a small part time business with friends or relatives. Disappointments regarding partners will be subject to the way you react to their personal comments.

GEMINI
(May 22-June 21)
You may find yourself in an opportune position if you are willing to take a bit of a risk. Involvement with prestigious organizations will be to your advantage. If you can, try to work out of your home today.

CANCER
(June 22-July 22)
If you are not already, think about going into business for yourself. You just hate waste, and when someone else costs you dearly you see red. Try not to get involved in other people's problems.

LEO
(July 23-Aug 22)
Don't make promises you can't keep. Try making some changes to your appearance and your attitude that will reinforce just that. You will have the discipline and fortitude to accomplish what you want today.

VIRGO
(Aug. 23 -Sept. 23)
Unexpected events may upset your routine. Business trips might prove unproductive. Don't be too quick to let friends and relatives know what you're up to.

LIBRA
(Sept. 24 -Oct. 23)
Visitors may be likely to drop by. You need to be sure that you aren't in your present relationship because it is convenient. You can make profitable investments if you purchase an art object for your home.

SCORPIO
(Oct. 24 - Nov. 22)
Emotional disputes will only end in sorrow. Travel will be exciting. Don't overspend to impress someone who interests you.

SAGITTARIUS
(Nov. 23 -Dec. 21)
Hard work will not go unnoticed. A little overtime may help you reduce the workload. Stay away from social unpleasantness.

CAPRICORN
(Dec 22.- Jan. 20)
Get out and have some fun. Get help to finish a project if you need it. Your unique contribution to the organization will enhance your reputation.

AQUARIUS
(Jan. 21 -Feb. 19)
Your emotional state could leave you vulnerable and confused. Limitations will set in if you haven't followed the rules. Be confident in your endeavors and others will believe in your efforts.

PISCES
(Feb. 20-Mar. 20)
Adventure will result in added knowledge. Direct your energy wisely. Travel opportunities must be taken advantage of.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Sounds like I might be able to keep up with (or beat) Admin (golf, not beer) although he is the boss, whats the rule there :whistling:

Although I did play in a outing at Edgmont on Monday and really stunk up the place
(the beer cart helped though, cant remember the last 3 holes) :blink:

Edgmont CC

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts

CANCER
(June 22-July 22)
If you are not already, think about going into business for yourself. You just hate waste, and when someone else costs you dearly you see red. Try not to get involved in other people's problems.

Was this written by someone I helped here, or all of my instructors from GeekU :whistling: :blink: :help:

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Hey, do you win something if your the millionth poster?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I'm showing page 118. You have too many posts per page!

:blink: you have too many pages :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I'm popping in to say hi from beautiful Andover Massachusetts (haha). I'm on my way from Maryland to Maine; I drove 500 miles today with 4 teenage girls and a dog. Now I'm relaxing before finishing the trip tomorrow.

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Have a good time on your vacation Sari.
I sure as heck wont miss you in the trivia game. :whistling:

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Tee time 11:15 tomorrow, and I am not allowed to bring any electronic devices.

scores to follow...............

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Tee time 11:15 tomorrow, and I am not allowed to bring any electronic devices.

scores to follow...............

So what electronic devices could you take on the golf course anyway, unless it's a kangaroo deterrent... Oh, I suppose you wouldn't need that in YOUR country...