Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vatican Issues 10 Commandments of Driving

• Please log in to reply

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I once saw someone driving on a highway with book propped up on the dashboard - they were reading and driving.

Advertisements

FidelGonzales

FidelGonzales

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Exactly!!! Laws are already in place to punish the stupidity of accident-prone drivers to greater degrees with each occurance. While I can certainly appreciate the alternative purposes of setting up such checkpoints, in having the ability to apprehend more serious criminals of society, the financial expenditures from the highest levels down to the street cop are exorbitant and the virtue of such actions all wrong.

With such a draconian direction for politicians to take in creating layers of laws that most certainly smother freedom with each application, it is quite easy to deduce that daydreaming should have been outlawed long ago, as it has been a far greater cause of accidents than any of the aforementioned distraction listed upon this thread. But then again, prior to daydreaming, it would first have to be proven that the said form of daydreaming did or at least COULD have included of some form of dangerous hate thought. Then, and only then, such action could be constituted.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

I once saw someone driving on a highway with book propped up on the dashboard - they were reading and driving.

Do you remember what book it was? :)

FidelGonzales

FidelGonzales

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Sex. Reading. Gaming. Texting. Shooting. Laughing. Watching TV. Drinking. Joking. Racing. It all combines to form only a fragment of driving history.

I recall growing up and visiting Texas how drinking alcohol and driving under the influence of alcohol (to some extent) was allowed. Then, as time wore on, this was limited to only allowing the passengers and not the drivers to drinking alcohol.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Heck with all those complicated rules, make it easy. One 20 min road test once a year Any move that endangers someone and bam your license is revoked till next year Also fines should be increased, severly. I get hit by a Mack truck doing 60 mph while Im sitting in a Jetta at a red light, and you know what he gets?....a $75 fine for "following to closely"

Sent my pregnant wife to the hospital with complications. That guy should of been thrown in jail or his license revoked. Instead a simple oh i dropped my doughnut and hit you was good enough for him and the police.

jeez, I better stop now, im getting all worked up

I dont think there should be any laws in that regard, including seatbelts. As long as people think about work or shopping lists while they are driving, accidents are going to happen. Dont infringe on my right as a citizen to say I cant talk on the phone or smoke, or text, or read email.

Dont infringe on his right as a citizen to eat his doughnut and on My right to be as safe as possible on the road Any move that endangers someone.....That rule applies to everybody else but your self??

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Just because I got hit by someone eating a donught doesnt mean there should be a law against it. But if you do hurt someone especially killing an unborn child because of your neglect, I dont think $75 is fair. If I kill someone with my car cause I was reading and texting and talking on the phone I should face manslaughter charges. It was his right to eat his donught but that doesnt exscuse the behavior and the fact of what he did. He made a choice to do that and should pay the consequences just as I would expect if I did something wrong.

FidelGonzales

FidelGonzales

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Think this one through without regard to reason and remain strict to the credo of safety and your pursuit of the ultimate environment of safety will result in a extremely safe and highly padded white room.

FidelGonzales

FidelGonzales

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

It was his right to eat his donught but that doesnt exscuse the behavior and the fact of what he did. He made a choice to do that and should pay the consequences just as I would expect if I did something wrong.

Nope. Not necessarily right. As you well know, it is unsafe to eat such foods not deemed safe by the food police and not subsequently and adequately taxed by the authorities thereof.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
True the TransFat ban is coming soon :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

If I kill someone with my car cause I was reading and texting and talking on the phone I should face manslaughter charges.

Doesent help me much if i'm dead does it?Thats why there is a law preventing you from doing just that,Makes sense dosent it!

Think this one through without regard to reason and remain strict to the credo of safety and your pursuit of the ultimate environment of safety will result in a extremely safe and highly padded white room.

As for your remarks,thank god i DONT HAVE TO SHARE THE ROAD WITH YOUWhen you got your driverslicense you agreed to the "terms",when you get a loan from the bank you agree to the terms,you joined Geegs to Go you agreed to the terms,so whats your problem!Nobody forced you to get your license,if you dont like the rules Get rid of itBTW:your comment was out of line and i regard this as an insult to my inteligence!

Edited by zorba the geek, 20 September 2007 - 02:46 PM.

Advertisements

FidelGonzales

FidelGonzales

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

I dont think $75 is fair

Please keep quotes within complete context so as not to misconstrue the issue.

I full heartedly agree.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

I dont think $75 is fair

Please keep quotes within complete context so as not to misconstrue the issue.
I do agree $75 is not fair,that$75 is fair should not have appeared in my quote,i appologiese for that.

I full heartedly agree.

Me too :)