Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CCTV Remote Monitoring

• Please log in to reply

Calipepe

Calipepe

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello Everyone,
I have an 8 camera surveillance system with a dvr that has the ability for remote viewing/downloading. I need to access this dvr, and so does the Chief of Police. The building where the dvr is located has a WRT54G router, and I have the same model of router at home. Now, there is a software program that allows me to manage the dvr once I have accessed it. I was able to install that software and access the dvr on a pc that is already on the same network as the dvr. However, the pc at the police station, as well as my home one, would be accessing it remotely. Now, I have the same model router at home. How in the heck do I access the router that is connected to the dvr? I have heard stories of port forwarding, and I think I understand that, but I just don't know how to accomplish it. Does someone have a 1. 2. 3. on how to do this? I am responsible for doing about 5 other systems in our city, so I will have to duplicate this. Thank you anyone!

Oh, I am the administrator for all components.
Gary

Advertisements