Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 98 boot up and running problems

• Please log in to reply

emaan9301

emaan9301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Thanks, I'll check these out after while as i'm getting ready to leave for a bit. I'll let you know if I need anymore help.

Thanks for all of the help you've given so far.

Jennifer

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I wasn't trying to get out of it by posting the links :whistling:

It was trying to remember the terms used in 98, so please post back if you need any help

Hope it goes well

emaan9301

emaan9301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I removed the firewall program since it was the cause of the pc not starting back up. I'm afraid to try another one in case it does the same thing. I still have the message coming up when I boot the pc telling me that the vserver.vxd file is missing. Do you happen to know where I can possibly d/l it from. I have searched and can not find a place where I can get it. While searching I did find out that this file is what i need for the network sharing. I did go to the sites you gave but they didn't really cover this problem, other than letting me know that this file was the one I needed.

Edited by emaan9301, 12 July 2007 - 04:56 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
ZoneAlarm end of support for 98 and me

98 not supported after version 6.5

Get older versions at OLDVERSION.com .

Regarding the vserver.vxd , try these:
HERE
HERE
HERE

emaan9301

emaan9301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Thanks runner, I still could not get the older version to run on that pc.

I will have to hold off on continuing trying to fix the pc for a few days, i have a web site to help design and it will consume most of my free time for a bit.