Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why is support only offered via the forums?

• Please log in to reply

Okie1

Okie1

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello,
First off I would like to Thank you all, your time and effort is very appreciative.
I didn't know where to post this, so I posted it here hoping someone would direct me to the correct forum.

I have been trying to follow the steps in: Follow the steps in our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide before starting a new topic.

Problem is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware crashes almost immediately after starting and when I try to restart it, I get the message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access this item.

I tried renaming the setup file before and after downloading the file. Also I have administrative rights on this machine.

Thank you again.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I see you're getting help in the malware forum. Good luck. :)

guyfuss

guyfuss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i need help my dell6400 won't work it wouldnot come on am not getting nutting from it nutting is working on it HELP ME :)

hunnybun

hunnybun

• Pip
  • 1 posts
removed log

Edited by Rorschach112, 08 January 2010 - 05:54 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
hunnybun, this part of the forum isn't for malware issues

You need to read this topic

http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

Then post your logs in the following area

http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

nm7314

nm7314

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I want to restore my windows xp to its factory settings. Any help??

Eunzie

Eunzie

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi administrator, I sent a post on 17th august but no reply till today. I went to the waiting room but no help yet. please help. My files are becoming shortcuts even system files.

You helped me very well with the previous problem so I thank you, and hope you help me again now

Eunzie

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Eunzie I took a look at your Malware topic and one of the reasons you may not be receiving assistance is you have provided none of the required information the malware techs need. I suggest you follow the next set of instructions and edit your original post in the malware forum to include the requested logs from below.

I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the and edit your original post to include the above logs.Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

cc47

cc47

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi There,

I'm not sure where I can get help with my computer problem. My lap top has shut down a couple of times with a blue screen. I've made screen shots of the error messages that I can forward.

The potential causes that are mentioned are:

1. Adequate disk space(don't think this is an issue)
2. change video adapters ( I have encountered errors streaming video on google chrome)
3. Potential Bios issues?

I've also read that the cause could be from overheating which could make sense since I use my laptop for work a lot, have a lot of documents open, and it can get hot with the fan really running. I've also started loading HD video which has shut the computer down in the past but no blue screen.

Thanks,

Chris

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
cc47 I would recommend either the Hardware or the OS forum you have installed. XP, Vista or Win7. Your topic would work in either forum as it could be a hardware or OS issue.

Advertisements

cc47

cc47

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks for your response.

I posed the following question/screen shot in hardware

http://www.geekstogo..._1#entry2154102

Hopefully, someone can help me!

GTech

GTech

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

I think it's amazing that there is services as the one your site offer's available!

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

As a basic reply to this question, that is a few months old (Yes Sari I know), but to update it.

All other problems should be posted under their Operating System, or Security areas.

One poster asked,
>>"May I suggest that you use Team Viewer as I have it installed & then you can check out what you need."<< It was refused.

By  policy, any help must be provided in the forums or on our Live Chat...specifically this part.

Help is permitted in the forums and #geekstogo IRC chatroom only. No support is offered, or allowed via Personal Message, email, or remote assistance (e.g. Team Viewer).. Exchanging information this way places our members at risk if something goes awry.

Some of the helpers are volunteers, and some have limited experience, but will always try to assist you.

Please read the Forum Terms of Use Policy  Yes it is written in small print, but it must be to cover most items.

All help must be provided in the forums or on our Live Chat channel. We do not allow support to be provided or requested via personal message, email, or remote desktop control programs (Logmein, TeamViewer, etc).

Thank You .

Edited by noknojon, 01 March 2016 - 03:13 PM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

@ noknojon,

Some of the helpers are volunteers...

Everyone here is a volunteer.

Lady Detective

Lady Detective

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have some questions about android apps that I found on a phone. I also have questions about the meaning of com.sec.calcualatorpopup and what is app launcher that shows up in Google Chrome History?