Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot access website - PLEASE help!

• Please log in to reply

mintchip

mintchip

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
What is a "500 Servlet Exception" and how do I resolve it? I cannot access a particular website due to this error. I have contacted them, but they are suggesting that something in my system is causing this. What? Can anyone help me find an answer? I've already done searches, but they have not led to any solutions. It's important that I access the site, because I have a purchase account with personal information there. I have no problems with any other sites, and my computer is clean without any viruses, etc. Thanks in advance.

Edited by mintchip, 10 July 2007 - 01:01 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This error is a Java error and its caused by an applet on the website that you are visiting.

mintchip

mintchip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks Neil, but why is it happening and what can I do about it? Any ideas? I had no problem accessing the same website until recently. Could there be something different on my system that suddenly brought this on? Is the website intentionally set up to react this way under certain conditions? I'm lost.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Its a problem with the website. If it only started doing it recently without you doing anything else, all you can do is contact the people who run the site.

mintchip

mintchip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thank you Neil. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been away. I have actually been in contact with the people who run the site for a long time and have not received any answers or help, so I came here instead. They reviewed my settings and system info and said they did not see any problems. They have now told me that it is my Java and that I need to uninstall it, then reinstall a fresh download of it. Does that sound right? I just updated to Jave 6 update 2 the other day, before they informed me of this. Wouldn't that have taken care of it if that was the problem? Someone please help. Thanks.

Edited by mintchip, 18 July 2007 - 11:02 AM.