Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

fruitandveggielover

fruitandveggielover

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a two time cancer survivor and have decied that I am going to do everything in my power, (diet and exercise) to not go there again! So I've come to love fruits and vegetables. The FDA says we should have 9-13 raw every day. I try...and I am getting there!

Advertisements

Grandmammy

Grandmammy

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I have a 12 year old grandson and 2 granddaughters ages 11 and 7.
Grandmammy just fits! Thanks for asking.

Rustymg

Rustymg

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I was born with red hair. Thus the n-name "Rusty". Still red just a wee bit thinner! :)

Icey1950

Icey1950

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Very interesting ....I got my Nick ( Icey ) when I worked for a Bio-Tech company in Texas ,I was the Inventory Control Expert...not being with the company very long I really didn't know many workers out of my department. One afternoon a Salesman came through whom I only met a couple days before hand, he addressed me as IC and then it all turned into ICEY...has stuck and always will.

I have to say this is such a great forum, not only the vast amount of knowledge here but all the folks I've met ....their are none better.

:)

Thanks,

Icey ( Laurie )

BlueberryPie

BlueberryPie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I called myself Blueberry Pie because I am looking forward in having White Spot's yummy Blueberry Pie!~

Bokononist

Bokononist

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Tribute to Kurt Vonnegut. From 'Cat's Cradle'. Bokononism seemed to make about as much sense as anything else. Busy,busy,busy...

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
I wish I knew....

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Wanted somethin that wasn't taken....should have though that over better :)

mim2134

mim2134

• Pip
  • 0 posts
my nickname is Mim,

basically because I am a little mental like "mad, mad, mad Madam Mim" from the sword in the stone.

Pigtails

Pigtails

• Pip
  • 0 posts
My hair is in pigtails quite a bit.
So four or five years ago, my friend Josh began calling me by Pigtails the Great and it stuck. :]

Advertisements

scorpysue

scorpysue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Scorpysue is what Crichton called Scorpius on an episode of Farscape! AMAZING show if you ever want to watch 4 seasons plus a miniseries movie of sci-fi at its absolute best! The storylines will captavate and take you to places you never thought you could go emotionally over a show. You'll laugh, cry, get angry, and feel so good....you'll be compleatly DRAINED at the end of each show.

There is a community out there of "Scapers" who have done so much to keep Farscape alive, and although it is in reruns now, there are many ways to still watch from beginning to end. Thousands of Scapers right across Canada and have donated brand new copies of Farscape to their local libraries, so that others could watch and learn and enjoy all that is Farscape. It is Sci-fi at it's best :) :) :)

NotAQuitter

NotAQuitter

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I just joined today so I have absolutely no right to answer this one. :)

But... I don't use my first, middle or last name, because I use various combos of those professionally.

I chose NotAQuitter when I was sick a few years ago and joined an online support group. I liked it so I decided to use it for this 'support group.'

I doubt my need for this support group will go away as quickly. :)

scorpysue

scorpysue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Welcome NotAQuitter :) I like your name! I know this isn't the right place to ask this, (but I will anyway-lol). How do you "upload" a picture in your post? I have no idea, could you walk me through it please?

TechSabre

TechSabre

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

How do you "upload" a picture in your post? I have no idea, could you walk me through it please?

I'll answer your question for you this time - but next time please make sure you ask for help in the appropriate forums :)

The following link will guide you on how to do as you asked :) How to upload an image and post it

But to answer the threads question, I got my name by clicking on the 'Random Article" link in Wikipedia and got taken through to an article called Sabre. Sabre as I found out is similar to a katana. I thought it sounded like a cool word and at that moment I was on a tech forum - from there the username came to my head - TechSabre.

scorpysue

scorpysue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks TechSabre! I appreciate your help, but I think I asked the wrong question (and in the wrong topic :) ). What I meant was, how do you upload a picture underneath your name? And when I was responding to NotAQuitter, and saw she had just done her first post and had that spider picture, that made me wonder how to do that, and I figured it would be fresh in her mind. :)