Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Prompt about screen resolution--» stuck!

• Please log in to reply

AndreRFD

AndreRFD

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I tried every resolution and color quality possible.
I have the latest driver for my card.
And, this isn´t game related because it also happens in WMP whenever i´m listening to music and put the visual effects in full screen mode.
I´m getting pretty tired of this, it seems no one else has this problem...

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
to determine whether its a windows problem or a monitor problem...
do you have access to another monitor to see if it happens with it too...CRT if possible

Edited by happyrck, 10 August 2007 - 06:14 AM.

AndreRFD

AndreRFD

• Pip
  • 4 posts
No, i don´t. Not for the moment anyway. Starjax sad something about microsoft´s updates. I´m inclined to this possibility because i have the same pc and monitor for 2 years now, and this only started maybe 3 or 4 months ago.

Gehirn05

Gehirn05

• Pip
  • 1 posts
SOLUTION

I ended up solving this myself. This can be done with any program. I was trying to get Total Annihilation to work.

1) Restart your PC after installing the program.

2) Open the registry editor by typing regedit in the run box and pressing ok/hitting enter.

3) Backup your registry by selecting File > Export, then ensure that the export range "All" is selected. Save the registry backup to an easy to find location.

4) Press Control + F to access the find feature. Uncheck the "Data" option to lower the range of your search to Keys and values only.

5) Type the full name of the program in question (e.g. Total Annihilation) and press "Find Next"/hit enter.

6) Upon finding the program's folder branch (e.g. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cavedog Entertainment\Total Annihilation) find the values labelled: DisplaymodeHeight and DisplaymodeWidth. If not these values then it will be the values with data resembling screen resolutions. (e.g. 640 and 480).

7) Change the height to a value greater than or equal to 800 and the width to a value greater than or equal to 600. To do so double-click on the values and select "decimal" (Unless you're pro with hexadecimal) then enter the desired resolution and press "Ok". (Of course no values greater than your screen resoltuion!)

8) Close the regisrty editor and you should now be able to operate the program without receiving the error.

I will be posting this on every [bleep] message board I can find about this issue. - Gehirn