Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I change the color of my windows?

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I can't find it in themes either... how do I make, say the top of the window, black? I want the windows to change because my start menu is black, but my windows are light blueish.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, and I hope I don't sound too much of a noob right now. :whistling:

Advertisements

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

I can't find it in themes either... how do I make, say the top of the window, black? I want the windows to change because my start menu is black, but my windows are light blueish.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, and I hope I don't sound too much of a noob right now. :)

Right click on your desktop and go to properties then click apperence it be right there in windows XP if thats your OS.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

There's a reason this was posted in the Vista forum :) It's a little different in Vista than from XP.

Right-click your desktop, select Personalise, select Windows Color and Appearance. There are options in here to achieve what you want. You can change the colour and the intensity of the colour, or you can get into the more serious selections by selecting "Show Color Mixer" and/or "Open classic appearance properties for more color options".

I think the intensity of the colour option will help you out here.

Cheers

Troy