Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Questions

• Please log in to reply

confusedinMich

confusedinMich

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi, I must retract my statement about throwing out Vista somewhere else in a post on this site....I have no choice but to learn what Vista is all about.

My system:
Windows Vista Home Premium
1GB RAM, Intel Core 2 CPU 6700 @2.66GHz, 256MB NVidia 8600 GTS, 250GB Hard Drive, Combo TV Tuner, X-Fi Sound Card
My ratings for Vista:
Processor 5.5
Memory 4.5
Graphics 5.9
Gaming Graphics 5.6
Primary Hard Disk 5.8 BASE SCORE: 4.5

I assume all of the above is a decent computer and score.

Can I have Windows Defender turned on and have McAffee Security running also?
I have Paint Shop Pro X and when I use it I get "The color scheme has been changed to Windows Basic" why?
I removed the google sidebar and now when I start up my computer I get an error about the dll is wrong. Is this a problem? Can I put it back on if I wanted? How would I stop that error message coming up each time I start my computer?

Thanks for any/all help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Windows Defender is known to flag a key Mcafee file up as malware every time you start the computer. So I generally wouldn't recommend it.

Paint Shop Pro X doesn't work with Windows Aero.

Should be able to return it in the same way you took it off.

confusedinMich

confusedinMich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Paint Shop Pro X doesn't work with Windows Aero.

Thank you for responding. After I wrote to the forum I went to Corel's website and found Vista drivers for PSP X, I downloaded the drivers and it works. No more error messages! That made me a happy camper! :whistling:

Again, thanks for responding.