Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft's timetable to withdraw XP unchanged

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I hope this article is wrong, I worry about all the computers that won't meet with Vista's requirements, thanks

http://www.channelre..._xp_withdrawal/

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Flea, that article is 5 months old. It says is that a customer won't be able to purchase a valid XP OS after the end of 2008. That's still more than a year away.
Johanna

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
sorry about it being a bit old then, if anyone has a newer link, I would love to have it, I am not giving an opinion apart from the one question I have raised here, thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Regardless of how old the article is, which isn't the point of the link or article, Micro$oft is forcing more and more people to make a decision about whether to stay with Windows despite the fact many do not want to use Vista.

Upgrading already purchased PCs with Vista will present problems a lot of people are not ready to handle. I mean there are folks out there still using Win 95 for Heaven's sake much less Vista! Vista is too resource hogging for most PCs people have and I'm sure they will not want to purchase a new machine just to run Vista.

Even Dell had to change on on the way their new PCs shipped as customers were requesting Win XP be shipped on the new PCs and not Vista. Too bad there isn't a way to get Micro$oft's attention (class action law suit?) that Vista is not popular and is not wanted by the majority of its customers. M$ has disappointed many in the years since they cornered the world market and they wield power over us because of the lock it has had over our lives and businesses that use Windows knowing it would be expensive to change.

Enough of my opinion.

Ron

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I have been going a little more into this subject since I agree that my information was outdated, here are two more links on this subject both from microsoft allowing the reader to draw their own conclusions

http://support.micro...N...=12&C2=1173

http://support.micro...us&pr=lifecycle