Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Security Centre Showing No Anti Virus Installed

• Please log in to reply

Don B

Don B

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Guys

Recently the Windows Security Centre is Showing No Anti Virus Installed, this is not the case as im running avg free, i have installed the latest updates and also uninstalled and reinstalled which has made no difference,

I have scanned the computer for spyware, viruses etc but nothing comes up

Any ideas?

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi Don B.

If AVG is up and running then you really don't have a problem.

However, you might be able to correct the message by:

Control Panel > Security Center > Click the "Virus Protection" tab to expand it.

Click the Recommendations button.

At the bottom of the popup window check the checkbox "I have an antivirus program that I will monitor myself..."

Click OK

If, for some reason the Virus Protection tab doesn't appear in Security Center, this means the Security Center service is turned off.

To re-enable it:

Start > Run > services.msc > OK

Scroll down the long list of services and locate "Security Center". Double-click the name.

Click the General Tab. In "Startup Type" choose Automatic. Also click Start. OK your way out of the windows.

Retry the instructions above.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Security Center is a gimmick because it doesn't recognise all virus scanners. It should recognise AVG though, but Security Center isn't an essential part of any Windows PC so I'd just ignore it if you know your AVG is working happily.